• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rear suspension

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i have a 07 D7 and just like to think about future modifications and do some research on them. i could not find a comparison thread, maybe i missed it, but i am wondering the biggest differences, which performs best, which is best bang for buck out of the following rear setups

1. holz rear suspension $2500
  2. timbersled mt. tamer rear suspension $1550-1950 (shocks)
  3. ez-ryde rear skid $2365
the timbersled is cheapest as you can see, but what is the best and whats different?

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Extra happy with the Holz Alpha-X in your application. Have ridden both of the others that you mention but not in the same sled so not qualified to comment. I did custom limiter straps and have tried a million combos of air pressures and shock settings getting it the way I wanted on the Alpha-X. It's pretty much outstanding in every conceivable environment that we ride our mtn sleds in daily.
Polaris.jpg

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
rear susp

All 3 of these rear suspensions are good IMO, I went with the alpha-x because of the tunability of the evol-x rear shock. Once you have the suspension aired up to where you like it, start playing around with the clickers and you can really dial in your suspension even more, teh thing thats cool about this is that you can do this while your in the back country, you dont have to take the shock off to take to the dealer
to get it revalved or change out springs if needed. Oh yeah, the alpha-x's always go on sale through out the year, they usually drop to $2100.00 or $2200.00 cant remember. I also dont have any complaints at all with the alpha-x, put it in and havent looked back.

CIMG1086.JPG CIMG1091.JPG CIMG1109.jpg

S
Sep 29, 2008
i have a holz rear suspision with fox floats on it and once you get it dialed in its rides amazing way better then a stock one but they are all good

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i just seen the mtn tamer skid does not come with rails. its 450 extra for there rails, or $50 extra for a it to use the stock rails. i am mainly wanting something to lose weight. so i dont want to spend to much to just lose weight. the better performing suspension is a great benifit to

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
after reading some on these suspensions, people say it helps keep the front end down and avoids popping wheelies... does this mean while climbing and on flat? or does it mean all time? i like to hit bumps and raised snow and pop the front end up. if it will remove this ability, maybe i want to stay with stock? where i ride there are no realy big really steep mountains. the "big and steep" i climb now my stock setup does fine most of time.

S
Sep 29, 2008
i was the same way... i like the fact that when im climbing the skis dont touch the ground it took me a while after i put the holz rear skid on to get it just to where i want it and it preforms really good better then the stock i think its all about dicking with the air presure and the limiter straps and getting it all ajusted to where u like it

Premium Features