• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another shock thread

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
been thinking about buying some shocks for my 07 D7 and was considering fox shocks, or W/E "assault" style shocks. talked to a guy on another site who has the W/E piggybacks and loves them for his turbo 800 dragon. i ride in 8000-10,000, like to lay it on its side and carve the deep, hit little jumps, climb hills want to get good at sidehilling and dropping cornices.

the fox shocks seem to be pretty spendy compared to the W/E. and i like the looks of the W/E and fom talking and reading, they seem to be a great shock for any condition, and can be adjusted. here are 2 places i found them at, let me know if they would be great shocks or not please....

and i would probably just get the fronts for now.. find a setting or ship them somewhere to get setup right, so i can have them set to one position that works great for everything i do.

http://www.preferredpowersports.com...oduct_1031866.WALKER_EVANS174_PIGGYBACK_N.htm

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=1298

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
nevermind, i think i will just go through tri-city and spend the extra $80 for the dual rate springs

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
hey morsno... i was going to just get the fronts for now.... are shocks really worth the $660? i actual have the regular rmk shocks on my front now instead of the W/E that came on it cuz they needed charged and i just threw some off a 600 on that have the spring. so do the new shocks make a big enough difference in many different areas of riding to justify the high dollar shocks are?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I think they are a great bang for the buck, much cheaper than many of the popular air shocks. They are firm enough to get rid of the front end diving but not rock hard giving a harsh ride. I'm still playing with the 16 posititons to find where I like them best in different conditions, but not enough riding time yet. I also have the dual rate springs and have the stabilizer bar in place. JKinzer has much more experience with these shocks, he runs single rate springs and no bar. I would recommend you contact TCP also and ask them your questions, they sell all kinds of shocks and can give you info on custom valving and springs available.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks! i talked to tcp just a little while ago, and mike told me that the shocks i have now are a lot bettter than the W/E it had before, and the jump from the ones i have now to the W/E piggy backs will NOT be significant difference and he said probably not worth the money unless i break one of these ones, then do the upgrade. so i guess i might just live with what i got and enjoy it (they do work great, this sled carves much much much better than my 01 800 and lands so much softer too. i have never changed shocks on any sled so i cant really compare a shock change vs. chassis change) guess ill save the money for now and keep lookin for a 600 155 for the gf!

Premium Features