• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable fuel pressure regulators and purposes?

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
What is the purpose of an adjustable fuel regulator? Why do you want to change fuel pressure on a gas engine? Is it for atomization like in a diesel engine? Looking for people that have done this to their 1100 turbo and what/how works and why.
Thanks much

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
So, my stock regulator is leaking and cat has them on back order till February. Just curious if anyone has messed with them?? In the manual for the Suzuki engine, I believe it says run pressure around 30 psi?
Anyone know anything different or where to start? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks nick

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Leaking regulator's are in my opinion why so many of these sleds burnt down. I bought my 1100t used last year and while rebuilding it I noticed fuel bubbles coming from the seam where the two halves of the fpr are pinched together. I removed it and put it in a vice to crimp the seam tighter, you can also us vice grips or a hammer. That fixed my problem.

M
Nov 16, 2009
fuel regulators

After market fuel regulator out of a small car. chevy something I think. Arctic cat does not build fuel regulators. Same as fuel filters...go to NAPA and get all

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
The cat components on the two strokes are Bosch, definitely not low grade components. But the whole system is very basic The main purpose of increasing fuel pressure is to increase the amount of fuel dilivery without having to increase injector firing duration or leave the injector open too long causing a drop in fuel rail pressure to the injector down the line It is a very in presice fuel dilivery system

Premium Features