• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 900 AND 2006 900/700.... Read Before you Buy

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
V
Feb 16, 2010
spindles

Do you have to change the A-arms when you upgrade the spindles? I have a 2005 900. Holtz has spindles that fit all IQ platform without changing A-arms, will 2006 and up spindles fit from polaris on the 2005. I am told they won't, can you help?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Do you have to change the A-arms when you upgrade the spindles? I have a 2005 900. Holtz has spindles that fit all IQ platform without changing A-arms, will 2006 and up spindles fit from polaris on the 2005. I am told they won't, can you help?

yes all the spindles with work 2005-2010 and no you don't have to change a-arms

gunslinger770

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2006
North of Okanogan, Wa.
I am one of those that loves the 05 RMK 900......maybe I've gotten lucky, maybe just got a good one....who knows, but four years later I'm still in love with my 9!!!! :face-icon-small-hap

I have removed the radiator with an SLP kit - due to a kissing a stump at about 300 miles.....LOL, a skid plate, and going with a handlebar riser too....other than that, it's bone stock....all recalls are completed...and I am still in love with the old girl...she always gets me where I need to go and alot of places I probably shouldn't be! LOL!!! She is a mountain goat and loves deep powder! :)

Not that I wouldn't mind aquiring a new M8 Cat, I love those too! But my 9 will have a place on my trailer for at least another couple of years! But then I've had love affairs with Doos, and Yami's too in 31 years! :) A track and two skis?.....put me on it and I'm happy!

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
I am one of those that loves the 05 RMK 900......maybe I've gotten lucky, maybe just got a good one....who knows, but four years later I'm still in love with my 9!!!! :face-icon-small-hap

I have removed the radiator with an SLP kit - due to a kissing a stump at about 300 miles.....LOL, a skid plate, and going with a handlebar riser too....other than that, it's bone stock....all recalls are completed...and I am still in love with the old girl...she always gets me where I need to go and alot of places I probably shouldn't be! LOL!!! She is a mountain goat and loves deep powder! :)

Not that I wouldn't mind aquiring a new M8 Cat, I love those too! But my 9 will have a place on my trailer for at least another couple of years! But then I've had love affairs with Doos, and Yami's too in 31 years! :) A track and two skis?.....put me on it and I'm happy!
I hope i have as much luck iwth my 900 as youve had. I just bought it this summer with 580 miles on it. So im hoping that with the low miles i dont have many issues.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Thought I would add my 2 cents in here. I bought mine new. It has never broke down, It has never had electrical issues and always runs. I happen to be one of those guys who modifies every vehicle I touch though so I have done tons of stuff to mine since it was new.

I am also a firm believer that there are two main contributors to the crank failures on these sleds. Out of balance Primary clutches and the SLP Pipe reflash that spins the motor faster. Mine is still running the original crank for now and the runnout just tested .015 after 5 years.

Nothing else I have rode has the torque that the 900 does and if I had to ride something else I would still be doing the same mods to it I have done to my 900.

J
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis Area
I am one of the newbies...in 2011. You guys on this forum have been great. My son who is 13 rode one al loved it. I am semi-mechanically inclined and we now own 3...all purchased in the last 3 months. 2005 166 ANV, 2005 151 ANV and 2005 151. All with less than 2500 miles. Have been doing some of the mods you have discussed but most were done by previous owners. Like them so much am looking at buying one more in the next month. Never can have too much of a good thing as I have friends that come from down south that want to ride.

Never been out west with them but have been to northern MN (we live near Minneapolis). Plan to venture to UP of Michigan next year and then out west year after. Figure we better practice before we get out west.

Have already converted the 2005 151 to a shorter skid and track (144) with smaller lugs with some advice from Monster715. My son plans to use that one for trail riding near our house. Changed the spindles to 2008 dragon spindles. Also changed the shocks to WE air shock clicker, the skid shocks are rebuilt fox clicker. He wants a snostuff rumble pack so that is next.

Once again thank for all the advice on these machines. I have been doing alot of reading and asking for advice and you guys are great. Sleds would not be as much fun to own without the group.

P
Oct 31, 2011
EXACTLY what Toby said..

with that kind of money an dthat quality of a motor you have there...get the best motor mounts around..Compfusion..they only work out to be abour $280 US..as he is from canada..

lets see some pics of that bad boy when its complete..

-Treedog still has my fav :heart: ;)
What's wrong with the stock motor mounts?I've got engine out right now.

Mar 2, 2012
Great Info

I just bought a 05 900 rmk 151 and have been searching forums to find out more info... Previous owner claims to have installed the "big bearing kit" which I have yet to find any info on so I'm not sure what he's talking about so maybe someone here can explain it. It has slp can/pipe on it I have to find out if it has that torque mount tho, it's in the shop right now because my primary crapped out so when I get it back I'll look. I'm also interested in doing the upgraded spindles and and different ski's I'm wondering where u guys suggest buying them from and what kind of ski you recommend I plan on being in pow 90% of the time if that helps. Thanks if you can help

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
I just bought a 05 900 rmk 151 and have been searching forums to find out more info... Previous owner claims to have installed the "big bearing kit" which I have yet to find any info on so I'm not sure what he's talking about so maybe someone here can explain it. It has slp can/pipe on it I have to find out if it has that torque mount tho, it's in the shop right now because my primary crapped out so when I get it back I'll look. I'm also interested in doing the upgraded spindles and and different ski's I'm wondering where u guys suggest buying them from and what kind of ski you recommend I plan on being in pow 90% of the time if that helps. Thanks if you can help
I bought my 08 IQ spindles from a salvage yard for a decent price and I bought a set of slydog skis from go big parts. Haven't had any snow to try them out yet though.

M
Dec 21, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wanted to add this here; For all us Canuks there's a great place in Toronto that does a balancing job that I'm sure rivals anything else out there. It's all they do.

http://dgarlandandsons.ca

Dynamic electronic balancing and they do each piece of the primary individually and then as a rotating mass, kind of like a 3D balance. I saw the process in person and these guys are masters of what they do. The difference before and after is truly unbelievable. I wish I would have done this sooner to my 900; it isn't the paint shaker it once was!

D
Sep 15, 2015
I to just bought a 06 rmk 700 with 1100 miles on it. I had no idea of all the things that need to be done. I am sure I will be asking a few questions about this one. As far as I know it only has a "can" on it and no radiator. I ride a lot in the ditches hope it will stay cool.

Premium Features