• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D7 Questions?

01_800_RMK_cbennett

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2008
Boise, Idaho
I have an 08 D7 155 that i was wanting to wake up just a little more. Just wondering if anyone has done the 700 porting that SLP offers and if it is worth it or should I just do the pipe and can?

Also will a set of Walker Evan Race shocks of a pro rmk fit my D7?

S
Dec 13, 2007
Eagle, CO
On my 08 dragon 700 the only mods i have so far are slp vents, sno-stuff can and scratchers. I feel like the can helped a bit with throttle response but deffinatly save some wieght. I hear the pipe helps too. as far as the shocks go i have been wondering the same thing. search the fourm and see what you can find b/c i know it has come up many times since the pro was released.

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
I picked up a 09 700 that has the SLP porting done. It had the twins but had to go to a single due to elevation and desire to run 91 octane vs. 110. As it sits now, it is essentially their 700 Performance edition package.

I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but a buddy has a d7 with the full slp pipe without porting, so we'll be able to compare them once we get some snow and report if there is a noticeable difference.

On the shocks, I believe the new Pro's are 17.25" c2c whereas the iq's are 17".

B

BadAftertaste

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
www.jcbritish.com
As Colin Chapman said:

"Speed through lightness."

There's a lot of weight than can be stripped off that sled.

The 700 is already an over-achiever. There's a bit of power to find with some compression and the Slp or similar pipe and can, but not a lot. Get a good skid under it, clutch it well, and if you find you 'need' more, give it some boost or the Go baby Go button.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If you can afford it, get an SLP 777 kit & all of the required parts to go with it. This is what I did to my '09 700 RMK and just waiting for some snow to go ride it. 139hp bumped to SLP's advertised 159hp

01_800_RMK_cbennett

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the input. I think after talking to the SLP reps at the show this year and due to budget I will put the pipe on this year then look at porting next year.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I have a Dynoport single that came with my engine package, I'm running the stocker which suits me well... $200 shipped in US.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I have a 08 700 dragon 163, after the first year I put a SLP pipe and muffler on, and then put a head with the domes on from Fasttrax Puyallup, WA, that gave me more grunt bottom end power and more responsive, but didn't do much for top end. I also put V-force reeds on and that did absolutely nothing, no difference at all that I could tell. but the 700's are great running sleds, I am working on doing the porting next, I am told that will make a big difference.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
I have an 08 D7 155 that i was wanting to wake up just a little more. Just wondering if anyone has done the 700 porting that SLP offers and if it is worth it or should I just do the pipe and can?

Also will a set of Walker Evan Race shocks of a pro rmk fit my D7?

Not really much performance wise running a slp single i ran a slp setup on my 08 dragon with attitude fuel contoller i put the pipe on and left everything else stock fuel wise if your adding HP you need to add fuel. If the pipe gained me HP it definitly wasnt noticeable. I vote for stock pipe and just throw a can on it. Your best bet if your wanting to stay with a single is porting from fasttrax we wont go into details but they do a way better job and they go out of there way to help you get back on the snow. You can find a set of slp race twins for your sled they do require more tuneing but once setup they are the next best things to a turbo. Work on your clutching you can have all the HP in the worlds but it dont matter is you cant put it down to the ground.

Premium Features