• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP SUMMIT EVEREST BOGGING DOWN

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
I BOUGHT THIS SLED THIS PAST FALL AND HAD A SHOP LOOK IT OVER WITH THEIR OFF SEASON INSPECTION PROGRAM THEY SAID IT WAS GOOD TO GO. FIRST RIDE OUT OF THE YR WAS LAST WEEKEND HALFWAY THROUGH THE DAY IT STARTED BOGGING OUT RIDING THE TREES. I WOULD HAVE THE THROTTLE AT ABOUT 5-6500 RPM AND IT WOULD FALL IT AROUND 4K FOR A FEW SECONDS AND IT WOULD THEN PICK BACK UP TO THE 5-6500K. COINCIDENTALLY THE MECHANIC WHO WORKED ON IT WAS RIDING WITH ME AND SAID SINCE IT ONLY HAD DONE IT ONCE OR TWICE IT WAS A FLUKE. SO THIS PAST WEEKEND WENT BACK TO THE SNOWIES SINCE THEY GOT A GOOD SHOT OF SNOW AND STARTED RIDING IN SOME DEEPER STUFF UP SOME LARGER INCLINES AND THE BOG CAME BACK AGAIN. I SEARCHED AROUND ON HERE AND I HAVE CHECKED THE HEATER VALVE AND IT IS SHUT OFF. I HAVE ALSO TAPPED ON THE DPM TO SEE IF IT MIGHT BE STUCK STILL DID THE BOGGING. THE CLUTCH WAS JUST WENT THROUGH WHEN I BOUGHT IT. THE PREVIOUS OWNER PUT UNI PODS ON IT AND REMOVED THE AIR BOX. NOW THE AIR TEMP SENSOR IS JUST HANGING THERE AND I WONDERED IF SINCE THIS SENSOR IS JUST KINDA HANGIN THERE NOW IF ITS GETTING HOT FROM THE ENGINE AND GIVING THE ECM FALSE READINGS AND MAKING IT BOG DOWN? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. GOING TO TAKE IT ALL APART AND START LOOKING FOR A RUBBED WIRE AS WELL. :mmph:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Put a stock airbox on it, I suspect the problem will go away. Also update the stock intake screen as the 08 was prone to clogging. If you can give it fresh, cold air and get the temp sensor back where it goes so the DPM can operate correctly , make sure jetting is stock, it should run better.

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
Put a stock airbox on it, I suspect the problem will go away. Also update the stock intake screen as the 08 was prone to clogging. If you can give it fresh, cold air and get the temp sensor back where it goes so the DPM can operate correctly , make sure jetting is stock, it should run better.

I concur, get rid of those pods, get at least the secondary airbox back on the carbs and things will clear right up. :face-icon-small-win

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
quick update wanted to ride this past weekend and couldnt get an air box shipped to me in time so i removed the dpm solenoid and lubed it up good hooked it up to a battery to test the solenoid it had full movement. then took and relocated the air temp sensor down in between the air pods. also vented my clutch side panel. headed up to the mountain and the bog was gone and had a blast all day

thanks again :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features