• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 inch track fit Viper?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Getting a little off topic here but...

I'm not sure if the SW kit is the same kit that's been around for a couple years now or not. The first one to come out was using a butterfly valve in the exhaust to simulate restriction, kinda like a turbo does. It seems like it took some time for them to dial in how its applied. There was one at the Jackson Hillclimbs that ran really good.

Yup it's been around while, several threads in the Cat section.

I'd try one if I had a Cat, and wish there was one for Doo.

Could have worded my post better, to give the manufacturer a better shake maybe, but hate to be the guy to recommend something and not have it work.

A

APEXXPRESS

Nov 28, 2007
www.mcxpressusa-orders.com
Guess I believe the hype.

I'm 6'5" 300lbs, don't think I'm gonna have any trouble leaning a 16 inch, and darn sure could use the floatation.

Your correct there is more flotation with the 16 inch track on a Nytro or Apex

But it will not fit under the New Viper, I know this from testing last season

Although I was very happy with the cat track after I got the suspension to work correctly in the deep snow

In 2007 We tested Two Apex MCX Turbos side by side ,one with 15 and the other with 16 , Both where Maverick tracks.

The 16 had more flotation but 15 would side hill and turn better but also would sink more in soft snow

When raced side by side, the 16 would jump out first while the 15 would trench but then had faster track speed and would pass the 16 in a very long run

Premium Features