• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 e start gone, now no clock

B
Feb 2, 2013
2012 e start gone, now no clock
I pulled all the e start crap off my sled, including the battery, all is well except for the fact that my clock resets every time I shut the sled down, what can I do to fix this?? thanks​

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
Put the battery back in the sled, the clock needs the battery power for the clock to work when the sled turned off

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
so what about the sleds that came from the factory with no e start... do they not have the clock display on the cluster??

They told me to wear a watch.:face-icon-small-win

No clock... there's NO BATTERY to power it... c'mon man, seriously? It's BATTERYLESS efi... this is what they got from cat. The lack of battery is exactly the point of it.

You could put a very small battery in it connected to the leads if you just want power for the clock, but it seems like a really strange thing to go to all that trouble for.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You're not dumb, you're just not taking a sec to think it through, that's all.

ok... I'll give a bit of credit, at first glance you could see the parallel. The difference is that those things stop when the vehicle stops. No power is needed to keep them running.

To create a legit parallel though, that would make the clock stop each time you turned off the sled, and start from the time it had when you killed it.

They're stored on a very basic solid state storage, and then recalled when it starts again... that's not sufficient to run a clock, it needs constant power, granted MINUTE amounts of it, but still needs it. Funny, I didn't even know ours with Estart HAD a clock.

To compare that would be like asking how a picture stays on an SD card without a battery... maybe that is a better way to explain it.

Last edited:
Premium Features