• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello...Newbe here

F
Mar 5, 2012
Hello...New to this forum so please dont hate. I know Im going to open a can of worms-but I still need some help. I know there is a lot of hate but there has to be SOME good? I have a psi 1800 triple im putting in a 2002 ZR chassis-and I need some pipes. Does any body have any ideas?any for sale? I know I know psi......... But This is what I have sorry guys. besides Bruce,are there some goods?-bads? about this motor. These pipes will be for a race sled,so I can use about anything and can do some modifying-just dont want to start from scratch. Thanks for any help!
Doug klemme
milneratffe@mchsi.com

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You said race sled.

Ice drag?
What elevation?

I'm guessing you will want to see Jaws or Crankshop or Split second. I think Jaws will be the choice for the PSI 1800, if I remember right.

I DO know that I ran 2003 SLP 800 RMK ves pipes on my PSI 1155 twin (98mm bore) and they worked WAY better than the PSI pipes that came with it.

And whatever pipes you go with, I'd make sure you have strong motor mounts and torque-stops in there. :)
AND weld up the pipes extra well.

Last edited:
F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Is it the PSI with the cat bottom or whats left of it? I would look for some XCR or Thundercat pipes and see if you can get them to work. Like buddy above stated with the ves pipes working on his 1155, Well i was running a D&D 720 small block with PSI 600 pipes and it worked way better then the D&D pipes. I know in ALBERTA, Canada there is NNP(neilspowerpipes) if your canadian he builds some really nice pipes and they work well also they almost look like aaen pipes but seem to work better. I know in my area there is a guy running the 1800 in a 09 IQR chassis and they cant seem to dial the motor in and always seem to be poping pistons so i would say jet to the moon and start dialing back.

Premium Features