• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anti rachet question

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Do i need to go antirachet on my Pro pg turbo?
Switching out the track and i have heard some people say you need them and some say you dont. I have access to the tools to do it if it is better.
Does it have more drag? I thought you could run looser track so that was easier to turn?
Seems like it would be but i figured i would ask the experts.

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
i had a race gas turbo on my dragon last year it had the 155 and it had the center anti-ratchet driver and i never had any problems with it, and the pros have the center anti ratchet driver to help with that so i wouldnt worry about it.imo

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
but if your changing the track and gettin rid of the center driver, you might would want anti ratchets but i had a 700 rmk turbo with no center driver and no anti ratchet ones and i never slipped them just kept my track snug.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Properly tensioned tracks work better.

BTW... even with the Avid Combo drivers... Keep the track tension stock on the track... a loose track allows the track to distort, the paddles to fold over a bit more than normal and gives poor performance.

I believe that loose tracks that distort under load are the major reason for "stabbing" NOT the fact that the rails are trimmed or the teeth are "sucking" the track up between the the driver and rail... a tight track cant get "sucked up" in that gap. Early M-Cats had crappy rear suspension geometry that HAD to run the track loose... those are the ones that gave rise to the phenomona of stabbing...loose tracks to follow suit... stock Doos dont have stabbing problems, they have short rail tips and no issues with stabbing on a wholesale level.

The new single ply tracks will stretch more quickly than previous models and need to be checked for proper tension quite often (tensioning instructions in your Owners manual)

Proper tension = better performance than a loose (out of spec) track.

Premium Features