• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Rush in Snowcross?

R
Nov 10, 2009
How come the Professionals don't ride the Rush in the Snowcross?
Seems to me like that pro-ride rear suspension would do pretty good wouldn't it? Or would it not hold up?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I was wondering the same thing. If they are supposed to be so awesome why isn't Lavalle or some of them running them. They must not be as good as the hype.

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
We have a couple of rush in snowcross here in sweden. And they have hold together fine, some misshaps but over all no more then the first iqr. The big problem is the shocks, but maby next year that problem will be gone.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
one i dont think it is as strong as the regular suspension, and two i dont thing it is nearly as adjustable

You got to be kiddin me??
Not as adjustable??
Have you ever seen a RUSH or test ridden one?
The RUSH have too advanced suspension for most riders....
One of my racers Races the RUSH in snowcross and EnduroChampionship
He has had bad luck with startcrashes and electrical problems that shuts the sled of mid air.But overall he is vety happy-He has another one on order for next year!!!
Even thou he got an IQR from PolarisRaceProgram
he choose the RUSH.
He finished third overall in NationalEnduroChampionship.
He has had 16 BRP(LYNX-Doo) machines before this first ever Polaris and
and his father in law who is a PRO welder have always had alot of work after the weekends....the bulkheads on BRPs last about 10HR before they crack.
BTW i hope they have ÖHLINSorEvolX ready for next year.The WE are junk
for SNOX...

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I dont think people have quite got the handling aspect of these sled figurd out yet. Seems to be al ot of people on the flat land side that say they are getting a lot of ski lift with these sleds and have a hard time figuring it out.

It was also designed to be a rough trail sled I do believe not a race sled. It would probably do alot better as a cross country type of sled.

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
wrong!

I dont think people have quite got the handling aspect of these sled figurd out yet. Seems to be al ot of people on the flat land side that say they are getting a lot of ski lift with these sleds and have a hard time figuring it out.

It was also designed to be a rough trail sled I do believe not a race sled. It would probably do alot better as a cross country type of sled.

Junk in that department as well! None finished the '10 Iron Dog race, the IQ Shifts with good shocks do way better and won it all.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Bottom line is that the Walkers are just good paperweights. They flat do not hold up to abuse well. They are good until they blow out. I'm talking Prox/iqr/rush shocks. Not the rmk/assualt airshocks here. They are even worse! Polaris needs to take a page out of Yamis book of past and get in bed with Ohlin. That would be way sweet!!!!

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Fox Zero Pro's can take the abuse as well, well worth the money. Agreed on the WE's.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
It has been my understanding that the American snowcross team keeps breaking the sled in testing. So, at least over here they aren't using it in competition. I sorta doubt they will. In more recent years there has been a difference between a race chassis and trail performance. The rush seems to boil down to more of a trail performance sled. It would seem more likely they are developing a new race chassis.
Reguardless, if the factory team isn't using the sled there is a problem.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Junk in that department as well! None finished the '10 Iron Dog race, the IQ Shifts with good shocks do way better and won it all.

Wasn't the first Rush team out due to a poorly designed aluminum fuel tank system?

Wasn't the second Rush team out due to the rider breaking a leg?

Minnick and olstead made it to the last day and had a failure not related to the chassis. From what I understand, their chassis were still running CC races until last month.

You don't hear Polaris types bashing the poor doo Iron Dog performance, or the tuning fork team.

Anyway, what was the question again?

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
The Rush was an over hyped joke last season. Minnick and Olstad did not want to ride the Rush because they kept breaking it during testing and actually converted one of their Rush's to a standard tunnel and skid but Polaris told them they could not run it. Greatland Welding completely rebuilt and reinforced the Rush rear skid to make it more durable.

The stupid, front mounted heat exchanger on the Rush's hurt them bad in the low snow conditions of the race. Kinda hard for snow to spray up on an exchanger that is mounted in front of the sled, high up above the trail.

If the fact that not a single Rush finishing the Iron Dog is not enough proof that the sled was over hyped, how about Polaris sponsored racers Bunke and Davidson? Davidson never rode a Rush for in the USCC races and Bunke went back to his IQR after two races and stayed on it for the remainder of the season.

The Rush is nothing more than a modern Xtra 12. It is made for cruising, fat guys and Polaris kool-aid drinkers.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Ultra.

Sincere question.

What is it about the Remote Piggyback clicker shocks (WE Piggybacks) on the Rush/Assault/Dragon 121's that you don't believe is solid.

Specifically, what do you have issue with? Meaning; what design aspect is it that you feel is inferior?

Last edited:
R
Nov 10, 2009
Bottom line is that the Walkers are just good paperweights. They flat do not hold up to abuse well. They are good until they blow out. I'm talking Prox/iqr/rush shocks. Not the rmk/assualt airshocks here. They are even worse! Polaris needs to take a page out of Yamis book of past and get in bed with Ohlin. That would be way sweet!!!!

Didn't Yamaha go to Fox Float 2s on their Nytro?

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
WE shocks

Ultra.

Sincere question.

What is it about the Remote Piggyback clicker shocks (WE Piggybacks) on the Rush/Assault/Dragon 121's that you don't believe is solid.

Specifically, what do you have issue with? Meaning; what design aspect is it that you feel is inferior?

They seem to have a couple issues: First, for whatever reason the original shaft seals tend to have short lives (premature leaks) and they tend to have a lot of friction. Second, the valving packages tend to be wrong for the type of rider who would typically buy a sled with a premium shock package. Third, there is still a question over whether their "needle" setup is really a good idea or if it causes more problems than it solves. Finally, I think they made each shock and clicker body about 4-6oz. too light for "everyday abuse". Lots of flexing of parts contributes to the amount of maintenance they require. WE shocks can and do hold up, but require careful maintenance. You won't get away with rebuilding them once every 3 years like you can with some other rebuildable shocks.

S

skotertoken

Feb 17, 2008
Arvidsjaur, Sweden
Yes they did go with Float 2, but if you look a couple of years back in their history. All the way back to year 2000 you will find some sleds with Ohlins, stock from factory. Yamaha did own a part of Ohlins, but they have sold there part. So what about Ohlis on a Rush? Now THAT would be a great move from Polaris!

Premium Features