• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 brand new engine, low end bog

H
Sep 23, 2003
farmington nm
Ok here we go. Brand new Indydan bottom end and all the rest of the goodies to match. 1. Getting a check engine light blink on right when you play just a little with the throttle then goes away. 2. I have a bog that comes and goes between 3-4500 rpms. then the sled runs like raped ape. I have a french throttle cable. I just got done putting the update tps wiring harness in. No luck. Found the oiler not set perfect reset still No luck. 3. I have oil under the exhaust belows but not on the top of the bellows. I believe that my bellows are ok but should I have oil in this location? New plugs no luck. Running out of ideas can you guys please help snow is dumping down here in New Mexico. I know that I need to bench test the TPS sensor. What are the effects of bad reeds?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
C'mon fellas we need some suggestions here Ben is a buddy of mine and we are starting to run out of ideas on this one!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
the oil under bellows is normal. count the flashes that is your code and more than likely your problem. i have the code chart and it is in the links sticky at the top of the page.
that is where to start.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
The light just flashes once right as you engage the throttle and not again . I think We are going to switch out the entire t-body assembly and TPS sensor ( I have and extra set) he just replaced the TPS harness . After that i think maybe we will try switching air temp sensors,exhaust probs ect. I helped install this engine and believe its all correct and it runs good otherwise. What am I missing ?

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
We know you know....throttle switches,cable adjust, harness connectors ummm thats all been rechecked??
Let us know and keep checkin in!!!!!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
glad you got it fixed. i am replacing my tp and installing a pc v so i hope my problems are over too. update, i think i found one of my problems lastnight testing the tp sensor. it was testing fine but when i looked in the connector the red/white wire which is the signal wire had alot of corrosion on the terminal. so i will be replacing the sensor and the harness again and using dielectric grease in the connector. that thing is only a season and a half old.

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!! YES. TPS had a flat or bad spot in the low range area. THANKS TO POLZINHUNTER and the sticky notes on how to on TPS.
Lets ride. Thanks BIGGDAWG for the tip.

Dont thank me! YOUR BUYING THE GAS!:D:beer; This forum rocks it has saved us all countless $$s and made me lots of freinds :)

H
Sep 23, 2003
farmington nm
ok! took is out today it was great. Except now i have lost my big tach half way thru the day but the digital one is working. and the cat primary clutch is not tuned right. sled is not pulling hard at all and running 8000 rmp... more head scrathing and clutch changes. I think heavier wieghts and lighter spring then the slp blue pink. I hope that this is a good idea.

Premium Features