• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder pros to grippers?

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Hey guys I've had powder pros on my sled since new but hate the steering effort at slow speeds. Has anyone gone from powder pros to the grippers? If so was the steering effort relieved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Bin doing a lot of reading on them lately. I'm same boat as you and think I might pull the trigger on grippers this week. Be nice to hear from guys that did the change not from stock.

A

ArcticKing

Dec 2, 2012
South Dakota
I went from powder pros to the grippers and I am not going back. I just enjoy the feel of the grippers much better, especially when riding in powder.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
so in hearing the info I wanted to hear, what all needs to be done to install? ive read a longer spindle bolt? anyone know which bolt to get? and do we use cat or poo rubbers

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
I had PP last season - hated heavy steering effort with KMOD. Grippers this season. Best ski for the Proclimb hands down!!! Use the stock A/C rubbers but you need the longer bolts. The Polaris nut/bolt/washers are not cheap - $30CDN. Dealer said they were super strong, super light. I'm a sucker.

I have a 2012 cat rubber and a 2013 rubber on my sled. The 2012 went straight on. The 2013 required removing one row of nubs to fit the Gripper ski. Use a dremel grinding wheel to remove in seconds.

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
so in hearing the info I wanted to hear, what all needs to be done to install? ive read a longer spindle bolt? anyone know which bolt to get? and do we use cat or poo rubbers

I used the polaris rubber and bolt no cutting required fit right on.
Tar

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
So I'm assuming my Powder pros off my Proclimb will fit right on my Pro then?? I'll just steal them off the wifes sled!!! I'll convince her she is getting the better side of the deal.:face-icon-small-hap

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I made the switch, big difference in steering effort. All around I prefer the Grippers. Have no intentions of ever putting the PPs back on.

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Also changed to Grippers. First ride this weekend and there's a huge difference in steering effort. Love them. PP 's for sale !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i also switched out of my pp, but went with the mohawks instead...very much like the improvement....grippers are probably cheaper, but the mohawks were sitting in the dealship, so i went with them, no regrets..:face-icon-small-ton

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Guess I should of just texted you high country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely Bro !!

I made the switch, big difference in steering effort. All around I prefer the Grippers. Have no intentions of ever putting the PPs back on.

Me too ...love these grippers

snowandmud classified good place to start for Canada but they go fast. I bought new from Polaris dealer for $320CDN, Skags were $50. I sold year old PP's on kijiji for $400.

Yup that's what I paid ....solid deal !!!
Will never go back

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I really like my PPs but they are vicious to try to walk on. The grippers are not as aggressive so better for trail riding but seam to offer better floatation with the wide tip and slightly less weight than the PPs.

I am going to make the switch soon too.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Got mine on a couple weeks ago and rode West Yellowstone this past weekend for the forum ride. Liked them a lot, but the snow wasn't great. I'm excited to test them out in fresh snow soon.

Found them on a craigslist global search for $235 shipped from halfway across the country. Mint condition with carbides. Only had to buy bolts and fabricated the bumpers as mentioned in the linked thread. Very easy to do. (I have the '14 bumpers).

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
There is a pair of grippers for sale on Spokane Wa Craigslist. It's under a 2011 pro for sale in Deer park,he's parting it out. 200.00.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
snowandmud classified good place to start for Canada but they go fast. I bought new from Polaris dealer for $320CDN, Skags were $50. I sold year old PP's on kijiji for $400.

Where at?? They list on polaris for like 229 a ski or something crazy!

Premium Features