• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 450sxf failure

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Mine doesnt have those symtoms. It has low comp. I would have changed my ECU, however I had to change to a newer harness to use the GET ECU, and now I cannot plug in my stock ECU. If I am jumping the gun on Piston replacement, OH well, live and learn. Had bar tabs bigger than that quite frequently in my youth:eyebrows:

and how did ewe determine it has low comp?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Highly presice method of several motorhead hillbillies standing around it listening to the dead sound it makes, and how fast it turns over. Plus the fact that it has spark yet wont even start on ether anymore. I tried to find an adapter for my compression guage or a shop with a good leak down test kit. Neither available locally. Ktm dealer service manager told me not to waste the $50 on leakdown. They have had several 450s with PR2 and Raze ignitions do the same thing this year. And they didnt even sell me the Piston or any parts for that matter.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
post on thumpertalk for technical ktm stuff like this. youll get way better answers.

Easy Young Man! I was Thumpertalkin before you were born!:eyebrows: I really dont give a $hit about opinions on forums, Im looking for realworld views from experienced folks who have seen similar failures. Judge me if you need to, but I dedicate a lot of my brainpower/finances/soul to motorsports and have for sometime. You have been spouting off pretty heavy on here all year for 2017 newbie. I think you shall be called the hurtin albertan from here on out!:wine::rose::juggle:

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Highly presice method of several motorhead hillbillies standing around it listening to the dead sound it makes, and how fast it turns over.

If you can please let the rest of us hillbillies know what you do find is the problem. I have 2 450 KTMs one with PR2. Curious of what service interval the bikes need for snow use. Thank you:face-icon-small-coo

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
post on thumpertalk for technical ktm stuff like this. youll get way better answers.

my dad says that i am a more gifted motorcycle racer than you have ever dreamed of being and my 4 year old brother can probably kick your a$$. im a nine year old american girl:pizza::face-icon-small-coo

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Highly presice method of several motorhead hillbillies standing around it listening to the dead sound it makes, and how fast it turns over.

If you can please let the rest of us hillbillies know what you do find is the problem. I have 2 450 KTMs one with PR2. Curious of what service interval the bikes need for snow use. Thank you:face-icon-small-coo

10-4, thats the whole point right. Im thinking that 30hrs might be the safe spot for my crowd. My bike rescue was easy, the last one, not soo much!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
my dad says that i am a more gifted motorcycle racer than you have ever dreamed of being and my 4 year old brother can probably kick your a$$. im a nine year old american girl:pizza::face-icon-small-coo

oops, little ears hear all

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Easy Young Man! I was Thumpertalkin before you were born!:eyebrows: I really dont give a $hit about opinions on forums, Im looking for realworld views from experienced folks who have seen similar failures. Judge me if you need to, but I dedicate a lot of my brainpower/finances/soul to motorsports and have for sometime. You have been spouting off pretty heavy on here all year for 2017 newbie. I think you shall be called the hurtin albertan from here on out!:wine::rose::juggle:

Easy young man?! I’m trying to point you in the right direction where Ktm experts hang out ya fking goof. I’m sure the 8 posters here really can hold a candle to the whole Ktm section on TT. Sorry for not knowing your forum history. I like how my post upset you so much that you had to come back and respond twice 20 mins later. With a lame comeback at that.... what a moron. Try again bud.

Last edited:
N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I should add that the day the bike gave up was a deep warm day in the cascades. There had been 60" of new that week in the area we were riding. My riding buddy and myself were laughing about how well the bikes would go uphill through the trees in first gear pinned. Right before she quit, I did a longish third gear pull up a roadbed, jumped off of a pillow of snow into the deep stuff and she just quit. Under full load. Blew a couple smoke rings, then drained the battery and two jumppacks to no avail.

thats bad. I wouldnt guess I would just pull the thing apart.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Easy young man?! I’m trying to point you in the right direction where Ktm experts hang out ya fking goof. I’m sure the 8 posters here really can hold a candle to the whole Ktm section on TT. Sorry for not knowing your forum history. I like how my post upset you so much that you had to come back and respond twice 20 mins later. With a lame comeback at that.... what a moron. Try again bud.

Moron, Hurtin Albertan? Guys....at least conform to a minimum standard respectable code of forum ethics...eh! It's only a piston for Christ's sake!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features