• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has ran slp full pipe kit on 12-17 proclimb

F
Jan 2, 2013
Wondering who has run the kit, if they ran reeds and intake and if they ran power commander or the programmed ecu.

Also anyone ran against speedwerx stage 2 kit?

Thanks

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
we have quite a few in our group. you have to run it with a pcv. cleans up the throttle a bit but doesn't make much more power but you do kick of about 20 lbs.

J
Oct 13, 2016
SLP full pipe on my 2015 M8000 162. No PCV. I was on the fence about this for a while, but the PCV seems to have a really high failure rate and it takes about an hour to swap it out if it fails on the trail. I mostly did it for the weight loss, but it will outrun my wife's identical stock sled (though it is a 153). I do have a clutch kit too though. I talked to SLP and of course they push the PCV, but also said it can be run safely without it. I wanted to be sure of that before I made the decision.

F
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply! I knew on the older chassis you could run without a programmer, was not aware you could on this chassis,

Do you notice a pretty sizeable difference between sled with and without kit?

Does it pull away from other sled pretty easy?

Thanks again for reply

J
Oct 13, 2016
It certainly isn't a huge increase, but yeah it pulls away from it, but part of that is the clutching too as it has better engagement. The only downside I have found is that it will have a bit of a low speed stumble when you first start out, so I blip the throttle a few times and it cleans it up. Once you are going it won't do it again unless it is stopped for a while. I don't even think about it now as I am used to it. I like the sound of it too as it isn't too loud. My buddy has the same sled but with a BMP can and it seems like it is at least twice as loud.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
jeffster. what elevation are you at where you can run without a fuel controller?

Last edited:

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I used to have a slp stage 2 on a 12 m8 sp. I gained track speed with the kit for sure, however I had friends with speedwerx stage 2 and those sleds ran stronger, yes the speedwerx stage 2 uses v-force reeds and the slp just uses stock, but the speedwerx kit seemed to have more jam. But SLP kit is solid, great sound, great weight loss, ceramic coated, no complaints here about the product just my .02

F
Jan 2, 2013
Speedwerx has reeds and the air intakes. Slp has intake option but they only work when main box is full of snow.

Im sure reeds would help a little, a lot is clutching as well

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I had a full SPL kit on my 09 M8 and one my 2015 M8000. No complaints here. I had V force reeds on my 09 and I have the Boyesen rage Cages on my 15. They do clean things up a bit and I had to add clutch weight to both sleds after installation.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I have a '15 m8000 my kids ride with full SLP stage II and power commander. It would always out perform my '14 but not by much....like a sled length in 150 yards. It runs fine. No misses or bogs like I hear about. Low end throttle response seems flatter.

F
Jan 2, 2013
Yeah i dont think they do much, about 8.5 hp. Where as a speedwerx kit claims 9 with pipe and y pipe. Add a can and get a few more.

I think with reeds and air intakes it would run slightly better, ive read they over rev a little as well which kills acceleration in snow. I always aim for peak torque not peak rpm in snow. On ice its a different story

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I put a Slp stage 2 in my 16 and I would not recommend it. At least their clutching anyway. Mine will not hold rpms. I have found that Slp primary spring is not stiff enough for back shift. I put their rocomended spring and weights in it, rpms are fine on trail but as soon as I hit powder I don’t pull near enough.so obviously I’ve pulled some weight out and now I’m 1 gram above stock and just doesn’t seem to back shift to hold rpms

F
Jan 2, 2013
I bought a used slp setup tonight, i have boyesens and plan on frog skins, im running a tied and mds weights as well, hopefully it runs well.

I may run d&d lts head and add timing and possibly a restrictor.

Premium Features