• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help. sled losing power when on and off throttle

K
Dec 19, 2010
bozeman mt
i have a 13 800 with a boondocker tial exhaust, intercooled. been having issues when I'm in the trees wide open, i let off the throttle and get back on it real quick. when i give it full throttle again it has zero power and i get stuck or go rolling down the hill. the sled never dies. if I'm doing powder turns in a meadow and i am off and on the throttle it has no power when i let off and get back into it and 2 seconds later full power. i thought it was reeds(m1000 reeds), inspected them and only two very small chips in the corner, still sealing very well. going to replace them anyway. egts are 1250 wide open. ive tried boondockers numbers, other peoples numbers. could be bad numbers, not to savy on what numbers to change if that is it. not sure where to go from here. just very frustrating. thank you in advance.

X
Oct 8, 2009
Inspect your clutching. It sounds like you are losing massflow on the turbine wheel from rpms falling too low. The tune does not go bad. Also, check for boost leaks. There may be a crack, tear, or poor connection between the turbo and the block. Check boots, couplers, piping, the compressor housing, etc. Finally, inspect the pipe, header Y pipe, and seals for cracks as well. If your clutching is good, you have a boost leak that is preventing spool up and holding the motor down since it cannot pull the clutching off boost.

K
Dec 19, 2010
bozeman mt
Thanks. I have a new 16 primary, new mds weights loaded all the way-85 grams, new spring. Team secondary. Tore it apart and looked fine. Too much weight in the heel? I can't really take any out or I'll have to drop my boost down. I'm already at 8400 rpm at 8lbs of boost

X
Oct 8, 2009
The weight is not the issue at full pull. Possibly, the helix is too aggressive at the starting angle assuming everything else is okay. Is this a new sled with untested clutching? Or, has it gotten worse with time when it worked well originally. It is hard to answer this because I have never ridden the sled. I would rule out boost or exhaust leaks before you imply the clutching is messed up. Otherwise, you may spend a bunch of cash on something that is okay.

K
Dec 19, 2010
bozeman mt
It was my secondary clutch. there was a little play in it side to side. i didn't think it was enough to make a difference besides belt wear. through on my old clutch and ran like a champ. thanks for the replies, never would of thought about the clutch

Premium Features