• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 600 Powder Special!! What problems??

B
Nov 26, 2007
Looking at buying a 99 powder special has 3500 miles on it,its for the wife, just wondering what issues these start having at these miles. Any help would be appreciated. I did try the search but computers and myself dont seem to work that well together.

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
With that milage on it I would recommend considering changing out the pistons and rings if it has not already been done. They do have a record of breaking off the skirts.

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
Sell that one to derek and give the wife the 800 king cat!!!!!!! Derek can't ride it to it's potential anyways, atleast full throttle on it will be like half throtle on yours.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
There was a recall on the cylinders and pistons for those affected.
We still have a 99 powder special as a spare sled... Has at least 4000 miles on it, and has been a very good sled. Only issue was a dead stator last year "intermitant"... Other than that, the only downfall is the boxed tunnel... But for a wifes sled, no biggie. Sled has never been re-built and runs strong.
Around that year they had some spider issues, but with that many miles it probably has a different clutch, or a good one... If they were going to break, they usually did it with very few miles.

Premium Features