• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Rich. 99 powder special 700

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
This last weekend, my buddy was riding my back up sled, and it ran like crap most the day, actually has the last several rides. Anyways on the way back, the low oil light came on(filled before we left) used about 7 gallons gas i figure, and atleast 2 quarts oil. that puts it at 14:1 to about 16:1 i figure. How is this adjusted? and why would it come out of adjustment. I've had it two years, it's always been an oil hog, but this is a little much.
Also would this rich condition cause it to bog alot on bottom to mid end, runs decent at full WOT, but it's getting there that is bad. Any suggestions?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
usually the arm to adjust the pump comes off the throttle linkage, if you look on the carbs there should be a metal arm coming off the linkage heading to the bottom of the motor. check to see if its returning all the way when your at idle, probably only coming back part way...

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Center of the engine below the carbs. The lever shold be resting on the tab and just a very little slack on the cable. At full throttle the meter marks should line up. Pull the air box and carbs and it is very easy to see. Loosen the jam nuts on the cable bracket and adjust. It's possible that the pump is holing up and not dropping back down due to a weak spring, cable fray, or the pump going bad.

Premium Features