• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wi Guys

C
Apr 25, 2008
Milton
There are about 4-6 of us from edgerton/milton that go up to twin lakes often. We also try to get to cooke and the snowies at least twice. We are always looking for a few more guys to ride with.

C

chads

Dec 3, 2007
Stoughton, WI
Climn High,
We are heading out to the Snowies in early Dec. might be looking for one more!
Early Dec. is some of the best snow we experience all season.
From Stoughton

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
How many guys are from wi on here and where in the state are you from? Im from So. Wi Janesville Milton area.

you have 2 more from edgerton here we live a mile from gibbs lake and go out west a few times a year and to the up almost every other weekend always looking for local riders to rip it . need to get me some contact info. and we both went to turbo sleds, this year to really get us in trouble. chris

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
I am just south of the border in IL and ride Twin Lakes area of the UP and out west when I can. If anyone is planning a trip in early December and needs one more get in touch.

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
fyi, there is an avalanch class on thursday oct 16, 6-10 pm,at engleharts in madison. not sure how many of you guys no about it. but they never get this far east. im definately going. just call engleharts and sign up. i also heard they are giving them at the milwaukee show the next fri and sat. oct 17-18,but dont have any info on those. chris.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
fyi, there is an avalanch class on thursday oct 16, 6-10 pm,at engleharts in madison. not sure how many of you guys no about it. but they never get this far east. im definately going. just call engleharts and sign up. i also heard they are giving them at the milwaukee show the next fri and sat. oct 17-18,but dont have any info on those. chris.

Yea, they are having a course in Milwaukee, too. Not sure if it is booked up. Maybe I'll go.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Avalanche classes in Wisconsin

Here's some information on the classes. This is my 14th year teaching. Hope you can attend. Discount on avalanche gear for taking the class.

Great way to get avalanche education, meet other western riders and learn more about riding areas.

October 16th Madison
Time:6:00pm-10:00pm Thursday
spkelly14@yahoo.com
October 18th or 19th Milwaukee
location: Snowmobile USA Show and Sale. WI Expo Center at State Fair Park. Upstairs room 4 right at the entrance to the show.
Time:10am-2pm or 4pm-8pm Saturday, 12-4pm Sunday

Four Hour Avalanche Class
specifically for snowmobilers

Classes are effective, proven to save lives and affordable.

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Cost $45 Must sign up in advance

Take the class with those you ride with.

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader/avalanche mission coordinator Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years. Member American Avalanche Association.
Course content:
-Introduction to avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports.
-Signs of instability/stability analysis.
-Equipment.
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Effective hasty search techniques.
-Mistakes in rescue.
-Group Dynamics/heuristics.
-Slide show: Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps.
-Preparing for your trip.
-What to do if lost or injured.
-Stability tests.
-Scenarios.

L
Milwaukee here. We have a pretty big group of riders from the area. Mostly ride the Mass City area, but also head out west at least once a year as the pocketbook allows. We've ridden with CuzzinOlaf. He's not the worst rider you could find to tag along.

We did the avalance course with Mike last year - it is a must if you ride out west. It was so much more valuable at being able to spot an avalance prone area, rather than what to do once you are in one. Avoidance is the safest way to handle an avalanche! Sign up for the class!

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
Harshaw, WI here. Just outside of Rhinelander. Do a lot of riding up outside of Mass City, buddy has a cabin there. We usually make one trip "out west" per year. Looking for a new place, have been hitting up West Yellowstone, or bighorns the last few...

Premium Features