• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another day, another ship date passes by...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Mine was somewhere in the middle. It makes no difference what date it was ordered because they are built in batches. Mine has been built since October but they wont ship it for some reason and no one will say why.

I saw something somewhere about a shortage of trucks or drivers.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
If its a trucking shortages could be logistics of a full load in that area also. How many sleds is your dealership waiting on? With price of fuel hard to ship half load.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Was told that it was a shortage of drivers. They have trucks but nobody to drive them. When one of the drivers dropped a load here, he said he had never seen so many crates sleds sitting at Polaris waiting.
My bud's sled went through at least three ship dates, when it came it had one of the missed dates written on the wrapper, and it had a date on the VIN label on the wrapper that indicated that the sled was built at least a month before it shipped.
I am still waiting on a Freeride, was supposed to ship in November. Not really happy about it, we have been riding here for a bit already.
A load of Freerides showed up two months or so ago, but they were all 165 sleds.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Was told that it was a shortage of drivers. They have trucks but nobody to drive them. When one of the drivers dropped a load here, he said he had never seen so many crates sleds sitting at Polaris waiting.

If that's the case I'd haul a load north for free if they give me a truck!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
All of ours shipped on, or even slightly ahead of schedule. Client's who wanted them ASAP have had them in their hands for 2 weeks +

BUT...it seems this year the dealer needs to stay on it a bit. We had a load get jammed up at along the way in shipping. Must have been a spot where they switch carriers or whatever. Took some phone calls and follow up to get it rolling again. So that would be something they should watch for.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Dealer has been in contact with his rep everyday but it makes no difference. He has about 24 snowchecks and probably another 25 or so stock units. He said he will end up getting all of his stock units in January and will not be able to sell them. The prime sled buying season is almost over. He was saying that he took a sled on trade for a guy who snowchecked a 19. He sold the traded in sled and now the guy is sitting with his thumb up his arse because no one can tell him when the new one will be in.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That is messed up. I have no idea why it would be so "normal" for most dealers, but go so bad for that guy.....he must be losing his mind.

He needs to bypass the rep and go higher up the chain....they have to be able to get him an answer.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
If it is a transportation problem, Polaris should release a statement saying so. Letting speculation go on like this helps no one. My ship date got changed 7 times from mid September through early November, and now is December 14. I am pretty sure that it will change again. Dealer and Rep have been around and around with this since October, still no answers. My sled will not be delivered until the New Year, maybe even February. A large portion of the riding season will be behind us. Way later than any of the many snow check sleds I have ordered. Pretty frustrated to say the least.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My buddy called Polaris several times and hassled them to find out where it was. Not sure if it helped, but maybe?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Not sure if you guys missing sleds have tried this, but get the dealer to get you the rep's contact....get the rep to get you his boss's contact....and keep going up the chain. Skip the customer service line and try that route. It's not an impossible question to answer by any stretch. It sounds like lazy rep syndrome where he/she keeps assuming it's just going to ship and everything will work itself out....and not wanting to spend much time getting a real answer.

All of that should be completely unnecessary...but if no one has given you a straight answer when most of the clients have the units in-hand already, I'd want to know what's up

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I talked to my friend last week who ordered one. He said he got the shipping confirmation in the middle of October but the dealer still says they don't have it, and they don't know if it shipped or not. They even called him to tell him his handguards came for it, but no sled to put them on.
At least he can sit in a chair holding the handguards like he is sledding. He could even make the sled noise for a more realistic affect.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
I wonder if Polaris is considering the ramifications of all these shipping delays when customers consider which manufacture to snowcheck with this Spring?? Or for that matter if anyone wants to snowcheck at all. Maybe best to just go with what you can put your hands on in the flesh and forget the snowcheck route all together.... Snowchecks showing up in late December is unacceptable!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Not sure if you guys missing sleds have tried this, but get the dealer to get you the rep's contact....get the rep to get you his boss's contact....and keep going up the chain. Skip the customer service line and try that route. It's not an impossible question to answer by any stretch. It sounds like lazy rep syndrome where he/she keeps assuming it's just going to ship and everything will work itself out....and not wanting to spend much time getting a real answer.

All of that should be completely unnecessary...but if no one has given you a straight answer when most of the clients have the units in-hand already, I'd want to know what's up

Or get the rep's contact info and post it here.

Premium Features