• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha One 154 weight

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Had my Alpha One Mountain Cat 154 on the scale today (local feed store) ready to ride full of all fluids
(fuel, oil, coolant, brake fluid, shock oil)

tunnel bag, spare belt, goggle pouch, tool pouch, air pump,

mods(so far)

-TKI billet brake lever
-SSM billet pull handle
-Cobra pull cord
-Diamond S Ti Q can
-Muffpot

530 lbs wet ready to ride

thumbnail_IMG_5418.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5419.jpg

Last edited:

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
If you can sometime, Id like to see you weigh yourself on that same scale to see how accurate it is. My 18 was 545lbs. That would be a big plus if the alpha is 15lbs lighter. Thanks for posting this.

My sled weights from last years thread...
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434366&highlight=weighed

all good ...I thought the same thing ...going to do a comparison weigh in with a different scale and hang it off my tractor loader....pics to follow

Cats website indicates 446 lbs dry... if so ...

fuel 11.7 gallon @ 6.3 lbs per gallon = 73.71 lbs +/-
coolant 5 quarts @ 8.8 lbs per gallon = 11 lbs +/-
oil 3.25 quarts @ 8 lbs per gallon = 6.5 lbs +/-
brake fluid + shock oil 2 lbs +/-
= 93.21 lbs +/- wet weight

446 lbs dry + 93.21 lbs fluids = 539.21 lbs wet total

- 17.6 lbs for a Diamond S Ti Q exhaust can =521.61 lbs

+ billet brake lever, billet pull handle, goggle pouch, tool pouch, tunnel bag, spare belt, and a muffpot would make up 9 lbs or 10 lbs +/-

I think we are going to be close......more to follow shortly ...if anyone thinks I missed anything chime in

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The picture of the full gas tank cracks me up. Are people that bad, anymore, that they can't take someone's word for it? Completely ridiculous. The only ones that don't really matter are the ones that weigh them partially full. Full or empty. If you don't hear what you want then weigh them yourself.

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
The picture of the full gas tank cracks me up. Are people that bad, anymore, that they can't take someone's word for it? Completely ridiculous. The only ones that don't really matter are the ones that weigh them partially full. Full or empty. If you don't hear what you want then weigh them yourself.

I hear ya! ...absolutely & completely ridiculous...apparently this is what it has become.....I didn't want some ass clown keyboard jockey freaking out saying I was dishonest....got all bases covered

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The 154 needs to add the weight of 22track clips.
The left hifax or the track is gonna wearout like a polaris.
No idea why cat only clipped the right paddles???? They are all load bearing under the rail...

People have told me that u can smell the rubber when trail riding...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 154 needs to add the weight of 22track clips.
The left hifax or the track is gonna wearout like a polaris.
No idea why cat only clipped the right paddles???? They are all load bearing under the rail...

People have told me that u can smell the rubber when trail riding...

I think you’ve been talking to polaris riders too much. Clips clearly go all the way across the window. If your trail riding an alpha you’ve clearly bought the wrong sled.

9FCDF573-0A57-4373-AF0A-FD15B0D81CDD.jpeg FDE1A686-9BD2-4EE3-9AB1-C45CE11A4C64.jpeg

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think you’ve been talking to polaris riders too much. Clips clearly go all the way across the window
Yup, every other paddle!
only the right side.
The left paddles support just as much weight as the right!
Ur pics show the left paddle clipped and not the right?
Either way, only one side is clipped.
I honestly fear similar results to Polaris track issues are coming our way...

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
IDK, I think things get blown outta proportion on here when just a few have a problem. I’ve had 5 2015 pros and 4 axys sleds. Never had a track wear issue on any of them. Even on the sleds with over 2000 miles on them. If I lived in the mid west it might be a different story.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I'm trying to picture how it matters which paddle its on long as its in the center and rides on both hyfax. you sayin the paddles with clips might dig in a little harder and wear those paddles out faster Summ8? IDK.. Polaris put clips where there were no paddles and left the paddles unclipped I thought, I can see that issue.
is the 165 fully clipped?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This should probably be moved to another thread. Didn't mean to hijack, just want to add some clip weight... lol

Maybe im wrong?

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The paddles only go to the center of the rail (one hifax) left?

there it is, I see your point now. I was thinking they overlapped further. I bet that finger on the inside edge (dead center) will get most of the pressure. that should transfer pretty evenly. one hyfax might wear a little quicker than the other, I could see that. maybe rotate your hyfax once a year:)
or maybe they put em on the left side cuz that's the side the average guy pulls longer sidehills on, constantly sees more pressure, and more weight on that side with an aftermarket can:face-icon-small-con. food for thought.

Kingkittycat

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Fairchild, Wisconsin
there it is, I see your point now. I was thinking they overlapped further. I bet that finger on the inside edge (dead center) will get most of the pressure. that should transfer pretty evenly. one hyfax might wear a little quicker than the other, I could see that. maybe rotate your hyfax once a year:)
or maybe they put em on the left side cuz that's the side the average guy pulls longer sidehills on, constantly sees more pressure, and more weight on that side with an aftermarket can:face-icon-small-con. food for thought.

Ok, somebody is confused here and maybe its me, but here's how I see it. Ever other window is clipped. The raised portion in center of clip does not support any weight. It's there as a guide, between the two rails, to keep the track from coming off.
There's a rail on each side of the "raised" center part of the "clip"! Where do you guys get that only the left side is clipped? That clip supports both rails, they run that close together!
There's one "mono" rail with two hifax underneath. Both ride on those clips. One on each side of the raised center. Please explain to me how only the left side is going to wear out?
Either I'm confused on what your trying to say or some of you guys haven't seen one in real life.

Kingkittycat

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Fairchild, Wisconsin
Had my Alpha One Mountain Cat 154 on the scale today (local feed store) ready to ride full of all fluids
(fuel, oil, coolant, brake fluid, shock oil)

tunnel bag, spare belt, goggle pouch, tool pouch, air pump,

mods(so far)

-TKI billet brake lever
-SSM billet pull handle
-Cobra pull cord
-Diamond S Ti Q can
-Muffpot

530 lbs wet ready to ride

View attachment 297513

View attachment 297514

Be careful trusting feed mill scales. Ones I've used weight in increments of 10lbs and one other one I use is 20lbs. You get a reading of 533lbs, then you'll know its pound for pound. Cats big promotion for this sled is the "real riding weight".... What it actually weighs while riding with snow clinging to things. That's an area where its supposed to make a difference.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Anchorage Yamaha Polaris in Alaska weighed a 154 Alpha today. Full of fuel, oil and I believe factory tool kit, just as you would get it from the dealer. They physically checked and made sure all sleds were full of fuel and oil and filled them if needed. They posted a video on Facebook, weighed a bunch of sleds. I was there and saw it hanging. The scale is a 5k digital scale accurate to within 1 lb.

Edited. I removed the weights from the post. The video will be posted on their FB page in the morning on 11-2.

Premium Features