• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 etec + boost

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
Very happy with the 2017 changes, can't wait to see what turbo builders come out with for this new beast! I wonder whether or not it'll be just a reflash away from boost with factory aux. injectors? Will there be a way to run a map sensor? Or possible vipec ecu?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Very happy with the 2017 changes, can't wait to see what turbo builders come out with for this new beast! I wonder whether or not it'll be just a reflash away from boost with factory aux. injectors? Will there be a way to run a map sensor? Or possible vipec ecu?
Ya, same here.
Have to think some of the Turbo boys are already HARD AT WORK on this one!!

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Boost

If they run anything like my ported 860 SHR motor with the aerocharger it will be a game changer for the turbo world.....bottom end galore.

Everything about the new 850 says "force air through me".:face-icon-small-win

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If they run anything like my ported 860 SHR motor with the aerocharger it will be a game changer for the turbo world.....bottom end galore.

Everything about the new 850 says "force air through me".:face-icon-small-win
Yup.
Hard to look at the way that engine was set up and NOT think that someone gave some thought to it being TURBOCHARGED...:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

I want to see under the hood. . . Maybe there is a Map sensor this year again. It says the ECU was redesigned, Currently the ETEC ecu has an internal baro sensor.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I want to see under the hood. . . Maybe there is a Map sensor this year again. It says the ECU was redesigned, Currently the ETEC ecu has an internal baro sensor.

Just by looking at the tech in this motor, the 4 stroke style crank and direct oiled bearings, the high powered ecu, the aux injectors, plasma cylinder coating, cast ring groves and forged pistons... they have to be thinking of boosting it in the near future. Either by aftermarket similar to what Yamaha is doing or a factory offering. Any way you slice it this motor is just begging to be forced some air.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
One issues. There is hardly any room on the exhuast side of this sled. Maybe it looks alot different with out the can in there... But it looks TIGHT

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The fact none of the turbo companies will get a sled until we do will have me taking a year off from boost.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
That was quick. Hopefully brp is working with the with fueling. No more doebeck!!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Premium Features