• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Etec

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Just thought I would share some thoughts on my first turbo 2 stroke in many years.

The system is a Silber turbo system with external wastegate, oil delete, 2.5 charge tube.
Using a Boost-It fuel controller. Dyanomo Joe Clutching.
I want to say that I am super impressed with the sled. It pulls hard but the driveability of it is amazing. The combo of the clutching as well as the precise control given by the boost-it box is great. I have ran the silber dobeck box with it as well and it it did work also but I will say was a little more gurgly than I would like and the Boost-It box was able to tune that out.

I wouldn't blink an eye at buying a Boost-It system for the etec. The silber kit with the dobeck box was ok as well but I really like the boost-it box for more precise fuel changes. Here is a little video of it. Shows me in and out of the throttle and it is flawless in my opinion.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAm9-X_iJmt/

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I love my turbo etec's. The clutching has certainly evolved for these over the last 5 years. DJ is no doubt committed to clutching. I tried Tom's 3d clutch kit this year and that flat out works as advertised:face-icon-small-win I have never had fueling issues from the get go with my aerocharger set up. Boost on!!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
How difficult was it to change from dobeck box to boost it?

Changing is not difficult. Finding one to buy is difficult as boost it does not sell them anymore other than with their kits. That being said you can find boost it boxes for sale used from before they sold them only exclusively with BoostIt kits if you are in the right place at the right time.

Premium Features