• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

70 Degree Husaberg Folks??

Z
Nov 18, 2012
FI problem with 570

2010 FE 570. 4th ride on the berg timbersled. No problems until yesterday. Temps were in the low thirties, 2500ft approach road with 6-8" of new snow over hardpack. Got on the ridge and started noticing my FI light blinking. Blinked 9 times for the manifold error code. Then stayed on whenever I was on the gas. Bike stalled out going down a hill. Called it a day. Got it off the mountain.

Today on the trailer it was hard to start, and I moved it to the shed to get it out of the weather. Once in the shed it wouldn't fully restart at all. It will sputter.

I'll do the usual, air, fuel, spark, change oil tomorrow. But this seems like something more. Has anyone else has this problem with their Berg?

It has a new fuel pump. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

D
Apr 30, 2012
Idaho
Had similar symptoms couple years ago. Would not start without a little tap of nos. long story short, cracked ring. Would not build enough compression without nos. no cylinder damage?.

Almost have my 390 ready for the season! Ran a 2015 ST kit last year and should receive the new track and TSS from the '16's any day now!

Heated grips just about on, and just flushed fork oil and added new 7 wt. fluid. Have .52 racetech springs in there from last year so w/ the TSS I should have a nice front end.

I also have a full triple-point carbide setup for the ski (both outer runners and the center skeg).

We're mostly flat land here @ sea level so lots of ice and trail riding - but we get our fun where possible :)

Will post pics once the new gear shows up.

Z
Nov 18, 2012
FE570 issue

So went out to the trailer this morning to start troubleshooting.

1. Bike fired up right away...strange...no FI codes....AWESOME....let it idle for 3 min and the FI code started blinking 9 again....SUCKY...

2. Revved it...FI light stayed solid when on the gas...blinks 9 code when off....

3. Shut it down and restarted it a few times...was getting harder and harder to get it started each time....then it would start cutting out on it's own....

I put in clean air filter and checked all the fuses during this process. Is this a potential bad fuel pump? The previous owner ordered one from Boss Husaberg in Portland, OR and feels pretty certain it's one of the newer ones and not the bad OEM version. But it kind of seems like it might be. Good air, good spark...FI issues and dies on it's own.

Any ideas? I need to get started on fixing it ASAP.

So went out to the trailer this morning to start troubleshooting.

1. Bike fired up right away...strange...no FI codes....AWESOME....let it idle for 3 min and the FI code started blinking 9 again....SUCKY...

2. Revved it...FI light stayed solid when on the gas...blinks 9 code when off....

3. Shut it down and restarted it a few times...was getting harder and harder to get it started each time....then it would start cutting out on it's own....

I put in clean air filter and checked all the fuses during this process. Is this a potential bad fuel pump? The previous owner ordered one from Boss Husaberg in Portland, OR and feels pretty certain it's one of the newer ones and not the bad OEM version. But it kind of seems like it might be. Good air, good spark...FI issues and dies on it's own.

Any ideas? I need to get started on fixing it ASAP.

These bikes can be a beotch to diagnose. Sounds like your problem is intermittent.

9 short blinks FI (fuel injection light)

a) input signal from pressure sensor, induction manifold too LOW. check the manifold absolute pressure sensor for short circuit to GROUND
b) input signal from pressure sensor, induction manifold too HIGH. check the manifold absolute pressure sensor for short too POSITIVE

I usually trouble shoot engine not running issues by establishing spark then chasing fuel.
I have had fuel issues with mine several times. The original black fuel filter thimble mesh were too fine or failed, the new grey ones are better OEM. Some early fuel pumps 2009, 2010 were faulty, replaced with ca-cycleworks pump replaces OE part#1100-00072 and inline fuel filter at same time. Also replaced injector once as well. these bikes had issues I believe from the factory with some funky film from a release agent or residue from the injection molding on the inside of the tanks that caused havoc with EFI system.(Go figure why the japs were the last ones to do EFI yet were making the injectors for EU dirt bikes) They are sensitive to any dirt or contaminates in the fuel, get a filter sock at you tank inlet. How you set the throttle position sensor at the throttle body can also be temperamental. Most if not all of the fuel problems I mentioned do not flash a code on the FI indicator. Hope this helps.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I just finished up the rebuild of the FX660 with bigger intake valves, custom porting, 12.5:1 NOSS piston, BossNoss, TSS, and new front suspension.

This bike is alive now!!!! Pulls hard to the 10,500 rev limiter. The FX450 ECM has a higher rev limiter than the FE.

I love the addition of TSS

The BossNoss is like having another gear, when you are bogging down and need to down shift just hit the happy button and zoom you are right back up and charging hard again.

I do have it up for sale in the swap meet.

c32ce0905918ad05132021ae6bce6b20.jpg

a24fabea57c2ae4032f907d72eda579b.jpg

Toby Till
Custom Snow Moto
Henderson, Co. Ph: 720-263-7533. Email: toby@timbersledofcolorado.com
2016 Yamaha YZ450FX CMXBK 120, 2016 Yahama YZ450FX TS TSS 120, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F KMS Turbo TS ST121, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F Aerocharger Turbo TS TSS SX121, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS LT 137, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS ST 121, 2009 Husaberg FE570 KMS turbo TS LT137, 2010 Husaberg FX660 Boss NOS TS TSS LT137

Hey Toby,

Just curious why did you ditch the airbox/rubber bowl thing?

I also just finished my seasons upgrade on my little 390 :) Big snow storm coming in a few days and eager to test out the new parts!

2015 ST Kit w/ the following upgrades
'16 Track
'16 TSS
Triple point gold skegs (Center and both sides)

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
The stock air box fills up with snow. The pod lets it fall out and the engine melts it.

Hey Toby,

Just curious why did you ditch the airbox/rubber bowl thing?

I also just finished my seasons upgrade on my little 390 :) Big snow storm coming in a few days and eager to test out the new parts!

2015 ST Kit w/ the following upgrades
'16 Track
'16 TSS
Triple point gold skegs (Center and both sides)

D
Apr 30, 2012
Idaho
Toby, notice the whitish oxygen sensor still on bike after removing stock air box. I'm trying to diagnose why my bike runs rough at times and won't even idle. Takes a little more cranking but fires up. Bike runs great most of the time and just takes a tap of starter to fire. Do have a trailtech map switch and have replaced the fuel pump. Removed in line fuel filter and use a tank sock. I am wondering if I have a sensor issue.

D
Apr 30, 2012
Idaho
Jeffk95z,
What are your thoughts on the triple point skegs. Less drag? Hows the performance on side hill. I can see the benefits on hard pack and ice.
All three huh, did you experiment on just the center then go to all three.

Where did you buy?

D
Apr 30, 2012
Idaho
Berg folks

Trying to get more out of my 2011 570. Been reading about opening both ends with air pods and under pipes along with a custom skid plate to work with under pipe. Any leads on purchasing above?

I am running stock muffler, so I could start there. Suggestions on replacing muffler?

Ya, turbo and 660 build...maybe later!

Jeffk95z,
What are your thoughts on the triple point skegs. Less drag? Hows the performance on side hill. I can see the benefits on hard pack and ice.
All three huh, did you experiment on just the center then go to all three.

Where did you buy?

I got them from snowbikekits.com. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, hoping I'll be out today.

Just finished installing raptor springs yesterday and we finally got our first good snow fall as well.

Unfortunately we don't really have any mountains around :( I'm @ sea level along the coast - So not only is it mostly flat land riding, but we're in a constant freeze/thaw situation.

That's why i went with all 3 right away vs. just the center, hoping to maximize what little we get

J
Feb 4, 2011
vt
70 degree gas tank

has anyone installer the timber sled kit with the 70 degree gas tank on the bike?
i bought the kit and not the tss .. i would like to keep the spare tank on the bike.
thanks

J
Feb 4, 2011
vt
husaberg where to plug in accessory 12 volt power

just trying to set up my first snow bike.
my 2011 570. owned it since new..
just wondering where to plug in my grip heaters & gps?? does anyone remember what they wired into?
also any other pointers would be appreciated.
all 100% new to me.

thanks for the help.

J
Feb 4, 2011
vt
Just wondering what air filter your using to get rid of the stock rubber bowl set up?
I'm in VT and got to ride my 570 only 4 times.
first day great and plenty deep snow.
second day even deeper and more powder. theni started having issues. Kept dying like a fuel issue. eng temps in the deep 70-80 f. riding on the trail is fine . justin the deep it drops.
the other day we got 2 ft so i rode in the fields . was great for a while then started stalling . wouldnt idle. had to keep steady throtle to idle. but when the temps got to 140 150 it ran fine again. so i'm thinking temp issues. I bought material to build a engine wrap. should help alot i hope.
I just read so much that people have bone stock 570 with no issues.. no eng wrap no thremo bob nothing..
is there something needed for the fuel mapping?
in the n east we dont get to ride these very oftern and i dont want to break the bank trying to have a pretty reliable snowbike..
any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just finished up the rebuild of the FX660 with bigger intake valves, custom porting, 12.5:1 NOSS piston, BossNoss, TSS, and new front suspension.

This bike is alive now!!!! Pulls hard to the 10,500 rev limiter. The FX450 ECM has a higher rev limiter than the FE.

I love the addition of TSS

The BossNoss is like having another gear, when you are bogging down and need to down shift just hit the happy button and zoom you are right back up and charging hard again.

I do have it up for sale in the swap meet.

c32ce0905918ad05132021ae6bce6b20.jpg

a24fabea57c2ae4032f907d72eda579b.jpg

Toby Till
Custom Snow Moto
Henderson, Co. Ph: 720-263-7533. Email: toby@timbersledofcolorado.com
2016 Yamaha YZ450FX CMXBK 120, 2016 Yahama YZ450FX TS TSS 120, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F KMS Turbo TS ST121, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F Aerocharger Turbo TS TSS SX121, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS LT 137, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS ST 121, 2009 Husaberg FE570 KMS turbo TS LT137, 2010 Husaberg FX660 Boss NOS TS TSS LT137

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
Just wondering what air filter your using to get rid of the stock rubber bowl set up?
I'm in VT and got to ride my 570 only 4 times.
first day great and plenty deep snow.
second day even deeper and more powder. theni started having issues. Kept dying like a fuel issue. eng temps in the deep 70-80 f. riding on the trail is fine . justin the deep it drops.
the other day we got 2 ft so i rode in the fields . was great for a while then started stalling . wouldnt idle. had to keep steady throtle to idle. but when the temps got to 140 150 it ran fine again. so i'm thinking temp issues. I bought material to build a engine wrap. should help alot i hope.
I just read so much that people have bone stock 570 with no issues.. no eng wrap no thremo bob nothing..
is there something needed for the fuel mapping?
in the n east we dont get to ride these very oftern and i dont want to break the bank trying to have a pretty reliable snowbike..
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reviving this thread - I'm in NH and have a FE570 I put a timbersled kit on last year. Ran it stock no issues even in deep powder but I think I just got lucky.

I'm looking to wrap my engine this year and was curious if you did it last season and what did you use?

Also I ran a filterskin over a non-oiled funnelweb filter last year and did have some water in my airbox - maybe this was part of your issue as well? What are you doing for air filter?

Premium Features