• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy XP 800

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
As a back up to my 800 dragon turbo I decided to try a new XP 800 146 as my spare so I did the following I went with the team conversion and used a 20 gear instead of a 19 as they recomended I also used the HPS can and shimed the needles 20 thou put a small vent above the clutch guard and a RS vent in the console,,,all I can say is its great!!!went to the snowies sat 11200ft goes through deep snow no bog ,pulls 8200rpm all day long and boondock perfectly and climbs at between 45-50 mph stock spedo sucs to see mabe I will by the X guage next, and clutches are around 100 degrees .does everything a spare sled should do,,, just not as fast as my Turbo in any condition. So if your unhappy with your XP The couple of things I did as strictly a bolt on deal as I didnt want to have to tune two sleds at the same time,,, shure made mine shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The funnest stock sled, imo. 146 XP! PS put some slydogs on there, move the bars back in a more relaxed position, and put on a holz innerwheel kit, then you'll really be smiling!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Moved the bars back and it made a huge diff in the handeling the rear wheels probably help with the side hilling????

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Moved the bars back and it made a huge diff in the handeling the rear wheels probably help with the side hilling????

thats what they say, i can't see it making a huge difference though, thats just my chassis setup and it rocks! The ski's totally changed my sled as far as i'm concerned, also the relaxed bar position is a MUST on the xp. When you jack them forward and make them way aggresive it just doesn't work with the chassis, too much wieght over the front i'm guessing. You transfer that weight back a few inches with the bars, and its a whole new sled!

Premium Features