• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 BCA Tunnel Bag

New BCA Bag

I purchased the new bag from UpNorthSports.com. Bag looks to be much better quality than the previous model. My sled is a 2019 summit 165 and the bag will not fit in first position without modification. Same goes for second position if running a gas can. I will either make custom mount brackets for the bag itself to help stagger or continue to search for a LinQ compatible rack and hard mount the bag to that. Not crazy about adding the weight of a rack when the bag design is good other than size/mounting option. BCA could have engineered the mounts better since they’re promoting the LinQ compatibility, and knowing most people run gas cans at some poin.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I put it on my 18 position 1 just behind seat and no it will not fit properly . it hits the gas tank you have to really work on pushing it to bend in place to work. I 're drilled 1 of the holes in bag filled hole with some calk now fits .

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The video on the site shows the bag mounted on a 165 Ski Doo. He’s got an extra set of Linq brackets behind the two sets most of us run. Fuel can in first set near the seat, nothing in the middle set and the bag in the 3rd set at the rear. I also have a 3rd set on my tunnel but they are mounted narrower for the removable snow flap! I rarely, very rarely carry gas on my sled tho.

Last edited:

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
On my 175 it fits in position 1. It does contact the fuel tank, but the material that the bag is made of is flexible and forms around the tank leaving only a small indentation in the bag where it makes contact. Maybe it’s differnt with the 175, but it took very little effort to mount to the LinQ brackets. It seems like it’s a high quality bag. They made some nice updates over the previous version and the all black color is sharp.

Attachments

• 52892627-CBFE-4352-9ACA-745DF6202DE5.jpeg
    52892627-CBFE-4352-9ACA-745DF6202DE5.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 243
  • 2C3D6D13-3838-4F8D-BFC9-3D321FC65659.jpeg
    2C3D6D13-3838-4F8D-BFC9-3D321FC65659.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 229
  • E84C5EDE-2F36-4AAE-B1B4-A2D5508C79AF.jpeg
    E84C5EDE-2F36-4AAE-B1B4-A2D5508C79AF.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
I just assembled and mounted my bag yesterday. Just to recap here is what you need: BCA Bag, 1 Pair Linq mounting plates on sled, and 1 pair linq brackets on bag. I got everything rigged up with black silicone on all the mounting hardware and was pleased with the product. Then I went to mount it on my 2017 Summit 165 and it was very difficult to get it in the first position, so I trimmed a little off the interior mounting plastic support, still not good. Also this renders the second mounting position useless for gas or anything else. The only way I would run both gas and this bag would be to buy the Ski Doo Gas Caddy with the stackable mounting bracket, so Gas caddy goes on first then bag on top.

I just thought of another/better solution to getting this bag in the first position! Instead of using the premarked holes to put the linq bracket on the bag just offset them about 1/2 or 3/4". I think this is what I'll be doing this afternoon, only problem is now I have 4 unused holes drilled in my bag.

All this just because I don't want the bag in the #2 position. Why? Well, first off the drag is real. If you are trenching deep on a sidehill or whatever there is considerable drag on the high side of the tunnel. Second, mass centralization is important. Why would you want another 20lbs on the tail of the sled? I don't. @Thunder Mountain Lodge Thanks

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Agree with xPmt it’s works fine in position 1 on the 165 as well. Just touches the tank.

5a383595fd0c3712ce7ee9d95d1c19ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
I have the bag overall it's great but before you drill any hole make sure you give it a dry fit . I found the link mounts will actually sit higher than what the pilot holes are. I mount the bag in the third linq position and my gas can fits nicely in front.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I have the bag overall it's great but before you drill any hole make sure you give it a dry fit . I found the link mounts will actually sit higher than what the pilot holes are. I mount the bag in the third linq position and my gas can fits nicely in front.

Isn't that so the bag doesn't sit on top of the tunnel? This allows snow to get under the bag for cooling.

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
Isn't that so the bag doesn't sit on top of the tunnel? This allows snow to get under the bag for cooling.

There is still a gap between the bag and the tunnel. I think it was just manufacturing mistake at least on my bag. When I drilled the pre existing pilot holes I could only get one linq bracket to close tight . I had to re drill new holes so both side would close securely.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Agree on the dry fitting prior to making any holes. Place the bag in position twice, mark the holes where linq mounts line up with your bag in desired positioning on tunnel, and drill. It's pretty simple.

Just don't be lazy and use the suggested marks.

Bag is awesome when you install correctly.

B
Apr 22, 2009
Are you using the pre marked locations to drill the linq holes for position 3? Or are you measuring and positioning slightly wider? Would seem as tho the bag wouldn’t work in the pre marked location....

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I drilled my holes in the bca bag for stock linq position 1, which also of course work in stock linq position 2 because the mounts are the same width.

The holes happened to be just a couple cm toward the rear of the pre-marked holes for the 165" tunnel.

I'm not sure if anyone has reported using position 3 (especially with the narrower marked but not pre-drilled tunnel holes for linq base mounts near the bumper) for the bca tunnel bag. If you try it and have success, others would likely appreciate if you posted photos.

Last edited:
B
This bag is complete garbage would of expected a lot more from bca. After one small ride Sunday I open my bag today to find standing water up to the vents. I can see things getting a little wet after but this is just ridicules. Unfortunately I bolted this dumpster to my tunnel hopping for a couple years of use but not if I want anything dry. Fortunately I wear a back pack a fine piece of bca equipment nothing like the pro mountain bag as I would hate to depend on this to keep anything half dry . I drilled a couple drain holes to let the water out because there is no use trying to keep it water tight. I would not recommend this bag to anyone my arctic cat one was so much better. You would be better off with a walmart grocery bag bungee corded to the tunnel been there it's better.

P

pnw.yami

Oct 23, 2020
This bag is complete garbage would of expected a lot more from bca. After one small ride Sunday I open my bag today to find standing water up to the vents. I can see things getting a little wet after but this is just ridicules. Unfortunately I bolted this dumpster to my tunnel hopping for a couple years of use but not if I want anything dry. Fortunately I wear a back pack a fine piece of bca equipment nothing like the pro mountain bag as I would hate to depend on this to keep anything half dry . I drilled a couple drain holes to let the water out because there is no use trying to keep it water tight. I would not recommend this bag to anyone my arctic cat one was so much better. You would be better off with a walmart grocery bag bungee corded to the tunnel been there it's better.

Curious as to if you were able to identify where the water was coming in from? I just got mine and have Marine Goop’d over any of the Rivet/bolt holes hoping to make it water tight. Seeing you needing to drill drain holes has me worried the water will sit in it. Is it simply from snow sitting on top of the bag, and then melting into it? Were the “waterproof” pockets also wet (I saw the old bag had issues and the “waterproof” pockets were not so much)?

B
If it's cold dry conditions the bag stays pretty dry but any wetness just goes right through. I would definitely get a dry bay the ones in the lid hold water in them but do not keep it out. I would not drill holes in your sled to mount this bag like I did. This bag is junk after one year fabric on top has broken down and zipper has half broken and works so poorly the other one will fail soon. This is after 80 days or so on the snow but the bag looks 10 years old and was stored in my shop when not riding. The shovel holder is nice. Love bca and had high hopes for this bag but it is a lot cheaper than a quality bag and it definitely shows.

Premium Features