• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha VS Sled Deck

plumberdood

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Missoula MT
Just a little intimidating! Backed of my friends lifted truck and hit the stage where your track is on the ramp but skies in the air. Rocking back and forth backing up until one ski touched down was a very uncomfortable feeling, ten feet off the pavement.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
i bet!
if the deck is 10ft off the ground.
That is about a 4.5 foot lift on his truck.
A truck running 40" tires will have a deck that may be just over 6ft high. is this Bigfoot?
For a deck that high, u should have at least a 20ft ramp.....

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
My a1 goes on and off my 6” lifted dodge no problem. Little tippy at the breakover point but not much worse than a standard skid does.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I always unload off the deck by hand at home to spare neighbors the noise and also l avoid running the motor unless it's going to be fully warmed. The first time was unnerving at the mentioned tipping point. Since then l have adjusted my technique. I was worried about the actual riding on/off but so far no problem. I think it would be bad to pause where the skis are hovering.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I fell off the sled deck that was on my 11" lifted duramax on 40s. My brand new 0 miles dirt bike landed on top of me. It really didn't hurt. I wouldn't worry too much you are going to live through it even if it happens.

This is the price we have to pay to look cool sometimes.

PS I no longer own that truck or a sled deck. #adultlife

Premium Features