• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 jaws shark pipe, y-pipe, can...

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
That was with added timing though. 15hp gain with pipe and 2* of timing advance. Then 20hp gain total (190hp) with 4* timing advance plus pipe (they thought the motor had a offset timing key in it). This was with high octane mixed in the fuel. I ordered one of these pipes for my summit and will play with the timing to see if there is really that much power added. But like ak said, they tested the pipe for real long WOT and the power level did not fade and no det.

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
jaws

The real number with a production pipe is more likely to be 10hp-with timing. I've been to the dyno (dynotech) with a pre-production jaws setup. It makes good power but not 18...those days are long gone for gains like that on stock Ski-doo motors. will have true production run numbers by next week. i'm sure you will hear the true numbers on a true stocker shortly.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
My Jaws Pipe showed up today.....WOOT WOOT..... I'm going to start running it this weekend. Going to start with all stock timing and then I might add 1 degree at first.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I really like the idea of running this pipe for 10-12 extra horsepower.. However I'm a little worried about real world fuel needs.

Such as riding in -25 to -35C.. No I don't love it, but it happens a lot. I'm curious how the stock ecu/injectors will fare with an extra 10 horsepower and fuel supply/demand at super cold temps..

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
How do you add timing? Have they tested the stock exhaust with added timing and timing and race gas?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Change timing with buds system, candoo which is aftermarket, are a timing key.

Premium Features