• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearing

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
Anyone know the number for the bearings on the 2 large wheels furthest back in the skid? Looking to pick up new before I tear it apart!?

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
Don’t want polaris numbers if their bearing price was close so be it but it’s like double or more what an ntn skf or timken is

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I've actually found the NTN bearings in a Polaris box are sometimes about the same price (if you get them online anyway). Of course you can get Chinese bearings for $5 each or less, but not a great idea to my mind, at least not with the rear wheels. At least with the idler wheels, if one locks up, it's not likely to cause damage, and you can just pull it off; not so much with the rear wheels. On a <10 year-old sled, the OE bearings shouldn't be going bad unless they've got a lot of miles or have been abused. Would be a good idea to have a couple of each on hand, but not something I'd replace "just because."

Premium Features