• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro7

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Picked up the new GoPro Hero 7 black yesterday.

Really looking forward to the new image stabilization!!

2e8458e2afca2c6abd24231d47119bdd.png

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
did they do anything to extend battery size/life? I couldn't tell you how many times I've said to hell with it, and not used it , or had dead batteries so i didn't get the footage of the epic rides and/or screwups. I've started to do some looking for an adapter to keep my gopro plugged in all the time and just mount it to the sled

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
did they do anything to extend battery size/life? I couldn't tell you how many times I've said to hell with it, and not used it , or had dead batteries so i didn't get the footage of the epic rides and/or screwups. I've started to do some looking for an adapter to keep my gopro plugged in all the time and just mount it to the sled

3 back to back tests with summary at end.

GoPro Hero7 Black, Silver, and White Battery Life Comparison! LCD screen turn off at 1minute. All settings at 1080p 30fps with no protune, stabilization and other settings.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DFEyrUdk59I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Thanks for the link Christopher. That is a great comparison between the three, but it really tells us nothing as far as the way snowmobilers want to use them. I realize that isn't what the video was for but I would love to see someone do a test like that in 10* conditions outside in order to get some relevant information

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks for the link Christopher. That is a great comparison between the three, but it really tells us nothing as far as the way snowmobilers want to use them. I realize that isn't what the video was for but I would love to see someone do a test like that in 10* conditions outside in order to get some relevant information

This is what I will be using.
http://re-fuel.com/batteries-for-gopro/actionpack-extended-battery-for-gopro-hero6.html

http://re-fuel.com/batteries-for-gopro/actionpack-extended-battery-for-gopro-hero6.html

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
you had a chance to check out the real world stabilization? Might be the first gopro i am willing to upgrade to in awhile.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Anybody know if we can mount these sideways? It sticks out less that way,
It has an auto rotate, but I can’t tell if the video is still in wide mode..

Christopher that battery pack is cool but huge!
Last year I ran a large remote battery from my backpack for the camera and got yanked off several times, damn tree’s!!
It was an older Polaroid so I glued the usb cable into the camera held up too well lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Once the camera is mounted to the top of your helmet what difference does it make if it is any Wider? its the height that catches trees

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

First video is. Meh.

Second video is impressive. Just because he made it.

It appears that in both videos the riders were wearing chests mount. Witch in my experience provides the best video on any go pro

Really don’t notice any huge difference in vid quality or stabilization.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
wow
I thought the difference for a very low res video was nothing short of striking. The impact of the internal image stabilization when shot at 4K60fps was huge.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Camera looks good. Does anyone notice that he rides OVER 3 fresh avalanches in the second video. Then he rides into a big terrain trap above the other avys. God must love him or maybe he’s not long for this world. I’m actually shaking my head at the stupidity.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Tried out the 7 last week first time.
The built in gimbal feature is incredible!
You can see my helmet bouncing around in the video with absolutely no shake or jerking in the video!
My videos went from sickening like watching someone play the video game doom! to absolutely amazing!!
Love it!

Battery life is not great
Turning off WiFi makes it much better
After a few recharges the batteries lasted even longer 1hour at most so far

Voice control is not great
Turn off voice control—> my camera turned on and off randomly all week

Setting to standard view mode instead of wide mode gets rid of the rounded edges “fish eye”

Get the PROSHOT helmet cam mount
Gopro mounts suck!

Love it!

Premium Features