• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 iq 600 cfi very low compression.

N
Feb 12, 2018
bought a iq 600 with crank bearing out, bought a use crank out of 2010 rush 600 cfi. add a slp top end kit, new seals and gaskets. put a few 100 miles on it but my rpms come up short. 7750 or so kinda inconsistant. after changing cfi fuel filter, and testing sled. I did compression test. 60 on both sides.. tried on other sled 110.. WTH, well head could be loose i guess, crank could be wrong. bunch of other things as well.. Any help welcome.. Thanks

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Welcome to the forum��

I don’t know much about the slp stuff but I believe they have interchangeable combustion chambers in them. You’ll have to see what chambers are in there or maybe they aren’t on at all.

I think I’d try putting the stock head on, then do a compression test. I don’t think you’d wanna run it with stock head though cause I assume since u have the slp head on u also have the pipe, air box mod and fuel controller with specific map, that all wouldn’t play nice with stock head.

While u have the head off you’ll want to examine everything (pistons, cylinders etc) for any signs of failure.

Polaris made a bunch of different 600’s like carb or cfi, 2 or 4 injector models. I’d think the cranks would be the same but u could always check part numbers at Polarispartshouse.com

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Looking at the parts fiche for both engines the crankshafts are a different part number and even the pistons are a different part number. Kind of weird because the bore and stroke are the same for both engines. Either tear it down again for inspection or get hold of someone like Carls cycle or Indy Specialties to see if incompatibility is the problem.

Premium Features