• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what bov spring u running? how much vac?

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
anyone know roughly how much vaccum pressure a 2 stroke 800 makes? im runnin bov that came w a r&d carb turbo kit. it looks like a tial bov w an unpainted spring. from what i understand that spring should be good for -11psi or so. my issue is the bov is open at idle and id like it shut. it closes as soon as i snap the throttle, but from what i have read to tune a bov a small amount of flutter is desired with small snaps of throttle and it should fully open while letting off throttle in wot. right now i dont have any turbo flutter and the bov being open at idle is a concern now because i have got some condensation in the charge tube. what bov and springs r u guys runnin? thanks.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
We run a 3 ing spring. Problem with that bov is the throw and exhaust holes are way up the body. It takes a lot of piston movement to get it to flutter and blow off correctly. The only way to make it work right is to have it the way it is. If you are getting water and condensation in there. You will need to install a outerwear over it.

Premium Features