• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 pro 800 Terrain Dominator a few issues.

M

magician

Jul 9, 2001
So. East, Idaho
Picked up a used 15 pro a couple months ago and have been riding it. Has a head and a HPS can on it. Not sure what head. It has a low end bog and will sometimes hit DET sensor and die. Haven't tried any race fuel in it or adjusted the TPS. It has no fuel controller on it. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Is the det sensor an overrev or deto? Check clutches, their condition and setup, if you haven't. Would be interesting to see what codes are stored in ECU. Assume you know what the head comp is for your elevation, is it too much with pump gas? Think you're gonna be checking TPS after clutches, just to get it out of the way. And you have a fuel filter, VES valves to check off, too, if you don't know condition.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Replace the fuel filter first and Check the fuel pump pressure while your at it. I did this to late (caused lean score of piston) but solved the repeated DET problem.
gtwitch in wyoming

M

magician

Jul 9, 2001
So. East, Idaho
Issues.....

One of the problems is the guy I bought it from had no idea what head is on the sled. He had no idea on clutching either. I have not checked the exhaust valves or the fuel filter. The clutches looked good. It has 62 gram EpI belly buster weights and a 58-38-36 er helix. Appears to be a team green spring in the drive. I did not pull the driven apart to see what was inside. I will try to figure out what codes it is throwing. I want to do the skidoo thermostat on it so i may just pull the top cap off the heads to see what i have. Will probably do a different clutch set up for next winter. I ride 7000 to 10000 ft elevation.

Premium Features