• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Ski Doo...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I was VERY much looking forward to buying a new 2017 Rev 4! I waited by the computer on the unveiling night, and after, I dreamed about throwing a leg over the beast!

...I contemplated trading my 15 163X in, or the New 16 I purchased in January...

...unfortunately, I refuse to buy a sled that I can't ride prior to purchasing! When you released the 13XM, you brought the sleds to my area so I could demo one, and off of that demo, we sno checked 2...

...I appreciate all of the "EXPERTS" (Norona, Kuster, Prewitt) sharing their "unbiased" opinion, but DAMNIT ski doo, I WANT TO RIDE THAT SLED!

...signed a guy that was going to sno check a sled, but won't without a demo ride...Ace

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I agree whole heartedly. I think it is absolutely ridiculous they don't have the sleds for people to try. Furthermore as I am sitting in the parking lot in McCall I get to listen to Polaris riders who have never owned a Ski Doo give me their take on riding one because some rep brought one to the area and let people ride it when he wasn't supposed to? Fortunately for Ski Doo I already drank the Kool Aid and put a deposit on 2 850's. I have accepted the fact Ski Doo is run by morons but lucky for them the good product they put out makes up for idiocricy. :( I think it is horrible PR that Norona is posting pictures on here of the "lucky" few who are getting to ride them because they live in the area or "know" someone.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I am sorry for you that you want to sit on the sidelines all next winter while everyone else that bought 850s are having a ball. Signed I ordered 2 with out riding them

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Hey at least skidoo showed up for the expo. The gen 4, Ashley Chaffin, and one Logan coach z broz trailer were the only things worth looking at. Oh, I guess I did bs with Jarrod sessions. Polaris didn't even show up.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I am sorry for you that you want to sit on the sidelines all next winter while everyone else that bought 850s are having a ball. Signed I ordered 2 with out riding them

...glad that you can drop 26k without riding the sled! Don't know if I call that faith, or just plain brand bias...

Ace

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
...glad that you can drop 26k without riding the sled! Don't know if I call that faith, or just plain brand bias...

Ace

I did it because of all these amazing drag race videos people have posted of the 850 vs a T3 and a Axys. If it can beat both those sleds by 15' in a 200 yard drag race it a surely worth the $28 k for two. Can't discount the fact the sled also makes Norona look like a professional snow machiner in all pictures he is posting. ?

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010

Yes if your not on the new 850 no sense riding your old 15 or 16. That would be a waste of time.

Actually there are going to be quite a few on old junk 15-16,s out riding the new iron with riders trying to buy talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't know why anyone is worried. Polaris axys was same deal deal last year. You knew what the pro was like. Seen a few video and ride reviews. When I went and looked at it was what really sold me. The new gen 4 is going to be the same. It wasn't that long ago where you got to try them when you bought them. I guess it is like a Christmas bonus. Once you give them people expect it. They don't care about any circumstances.
If you liked the xm the t3 was better and if you liked the t3 the gen 4 looks way better. Shouldn't even be a question.
More power
Narrower boards and body
Shorter boards
More ground clearance
Better balanced
Better cooling
Way lighter
Waybetter track (guessing )
4 year warranty
Narrow seat, more room to move

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Yes if your not on the new 850 no sense riding your old 15 or 16. That would be a waste of time.

Actually there are going to be quite a few on old junk 15-16,s out riding the new iron with riders trying to buy talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me where I can buy some talent??? I have a lot of money and I really need some talent!

PS I have a junk 15 T3 163 and a Junk 14 BoonDocker'd 163 with a 3" for sale cheap !

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It's because who needs to test ride when you have Norona posting 30 1 minute YouTube videoes about the sled? Get with the times! It's called technology ?

lol....maybe we are transitioning into "virtual sledding". Gotta love this new technology. Pretty soon we can just stay home and ride. No new sled to buy either :)

Sure gonna miss watching snowmobiler and gramma ridin' double tho :)

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
It's because who needs to test ride when you have Norona posting 30 1 minute YouTube videoes about the sled? Get with the times! It's called technology ?

so based on your theory....what would doo have gained? They sold every summit they could build , in less than a week? Seems like quite a few have had a chance to ride them as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Maybe I just TRUST the guys I work with here at SnoWest.:face-icon-small-hap

But I am ordering TWO of these sleds sight unseen and never test ridden.

I have a VERY HIGH confidence based on their comments I will be well pleased come next winter.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I agree whole heartedly. I think it is absolutely ridiculous they don't have the sleds for people to try. Furthermore as I am sitting in the parking lot in McCall I get to listen to Polaris riders who have never owned a Ski Doo give me their take on riding one because some rep brought one to the area and let people ride it when he wasn't supposed to? Fortunately for Ski Doo I already drank the Kool Aid and put a deposit on 2 850's. I have accepted the fact Ski Doo is run by morons but lucky for them the good product they put out makes up for idiocricy. :( I think it is horrible PR that Norona is posting pictures on here of the "lucky" few who are getting to ride them because they live in the area or "know" someone.

WTH? Mile High had the rep up a week ago doing demos in MCCALL for anyone who wanted to ride. I rode it then. The rep was back yesterday, for a different dealer, I saw him in the parking lot and said HI. The sled went from 137 KM to 377 KM in a week. BRP is letting people demo the sled.
Norona is the one reason I want to switch brands, and I usually buy 3 new buggies a year. That toolshed does NOTHING for Skidoo.

Premium Features