• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out the new product on my sled

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Stopped by Vanamburg Enterprises today to look at the build on my 11 Pro and got to see the first set of "open style" running boards that VEI has built. (Yep, guess that makes me the guinea pig. Not really if you know VEI's reputation for quality). Mike is using his signature extruded outer rail that is extremely strong in itself and very proven. He will be making these for other sleds also (in the future)(not sure what makes and models).
This running board should be exremely functional and strong. Also in these pictures you can see the C3 powersports extended (d & r) "chaincase" utilizing an AVID inner "chaincase". These were just built this week, so they don't even have this on their website yet.:usa2:
http://vanamburgenterprises.com/

Oh, BTW, Mike stated that his running boards are lighter than Airframes (They weigh about the same as Airframes that don't have the screws in 'em yet.)

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
nice..how thick did he go on the tunnel? cant wait to see it all done..I would assume its getting a 3"?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Call me crazy, but I see the potential to run FULL running board coolant in those.

Both inside, outside AND on the cross pieces. LOL

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Actually not crazy at all. VEI used to do that with this exact extrusion. The problem with the newer sleds is they are not designed for this. The difficulty is getting the coolant there. Anything is possible. I would seriously look into doing that on this build but I am getting a full u-cooler so cooling will not be an issue, but it would be nice to have heated boards.:yo:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
nice..how thick did he go on the tunnel? cant wait to see it all done..I would assume its getting a 3"?

Can't remember what thickness his tunnel is, but it's for sure thicker than stock. I can't wait to see it done. Camo Extreme 2.5 but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for whatever track I wanted to run. Plus I like the added clearance for the 2.5"

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
.80 I believe..might ask him about building a small brace between the clutch/chaincase and frt skid bolts..might be a good idea..they seem to fold pretty eassy right there....other then that looks trick..........

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nice! I like the rack on back too! Keeps bags off of cooler. I would like a set of those boards fur me kitty! But for now I'll use my stock boards as an excuse as to y I can't keep up with u lol.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I can't wait to see that puppy on the snow this year bud, should do real good... especially with added cooling capability:rockon:

Biggest thing I miss going from my 900 to the raw is no heated boards... but them again those holes you have are WAY bigger to help flush the snow out. Should do nicely:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can't remember what thickness his tunnel is, but it's for sure thicker than stock. I can't wait to see it done. Camo Extreme 2.5 but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for whatever track I wanted to run. Plus I like the added clearance for the 2.5"

I'm sure it can be done. Some metal fabbing no doubt though.
Yes, I have the hillclimb race model on my GenII. The tunnel was built in 2003. Running Board coolers. Still running them today with the big huge double pass cooler in the back.
I think I bought it the year after they became VE...after they were CMV. Not alot of people remember them as CMV.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Pictures of the finished product from VEI.
I will probably put a very small bead of black silicone on top of each cross tube between the welds, to keep junk out of there.

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

Last edited:

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Man that looks great Mark !! I can't wait to see that thing out on the snow !!

How the heck do you set the rivets without marring the pc??

Bag

Premium Features