• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help from boost it guys

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Ok, Neil must be riding as I cannot get ahold of him and I have to go to town to get some supplies, so wanting to pick up some install things at the same time.

First off, for your fuel regulator are you using a hose barb right out of the intercooler? I assume I cannot use the one off of the bov, since it will be hooked up to the sleds vac lines and the boost it controller? If this is the case then I need to drill and tap a new one in, as i removed it and had the hole welded shut LOL.

He must not have gotten a relay thrown in the box with my stuff, so I am going to need one of these also, can anyone get me the info off the one he uses, I would like to get the same one locally if possible. Model #, brand,......

think I have everything else figured out for now.

Thanks Kirk

if you would rather call

641 750-0844

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Guess im not sure what your trying to do with the fuel regulator. For your fuel lines you just go from the pump to the Boost-it fuel rail in the intercooler, then out of the other side of the boost-it fuel rail into the stock fuel rail then into the tank. So there is no tying your fuel reg to your intercooler. And not sure what relay your needing as well. Granted i installed mine into an APEX powderlites kit but im sure there close to the same.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
The fuel regulator needs to be boost referenced but not see vaccum. So you can use the line from the bov but then you need to have a one-way valve connected to the line.

I dont know what you want the relay for. Maybe to power the XIC? Any switched relay would work, as long as it switch on the power when you turn ignition on.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
The relay used to go out with the kits, but now they are just tied into an existing relay, so the kits don't go out with them anymore.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
The fuel pressure regulator should have already been sensing boost/vac from the throttle bodies with the regular powderlites kit. So that didnt even need to be messed with.

H

higherpower

Nov 28, 2007
North Pole AK
I have a boost-it on an Impulse Nitro. Can you tell me where i should be getting my fuel pressure reference from? right now, it's sensing vacuum. thanks!

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
will a check valve work on the line to the regulator ? Ive been running a line from my throttle bodies and it seems to work fine for me ? always looking to improve things though

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
will a check valve work on the line to the regulator ? Ive been running a line from my throttle bodies and it seems to work fine for me ? always looking to improve things though
yes you just need the little one way valve that will only let boost through i think neil has them i know you can get them from alpine too.
its best to try to tie everything in together off the throttle bodies ie bov,boost guage & fuel pressure sensor should all tee in to 1 line,i can put some pics up in the morning iam at work right now.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Ok, glad to see I am not the only with a little confusion LOL.

I am going to be using the latest regulator that Neil is using, it is a stock Apex regulator that is preset at 44 pounds, that he wants to only sense boost and not vacuum, so it looks like I need to put a barb into the intercooler, or into the charge tube i guess would work also.

As far as the relay, i was just going by the directions which say to put the regulator in, I actually like the idea of this as I am already pulling power for my oil return pump from the starter relay area. If the kits do not come with them anymore, then i will figure out something else for power.

Thanks guys,

Kirk

N

Northernboy

Dec 4, 2007
On my Nytro with MCX I had to install a small fitting on the cooler for the regulator. The regulator must see boost only and not vacuum or it will drop the fuel pressure. I didn't get a relay only hooked up power, ground, tach and MCX injectors. At first I hooked up the TPS but I had idling issues so I disconnected it so you may not want to hook it up.

Good luck
NB

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
On my Nytro with MCX I had to install a small fitting on the cooler for the regulator. The regulator must see boost only and not vacuum or it will drop the fuel pressure. I didn't get a relay only hooked up power, ground, tach and MCX injectors. At first I hooked up the TPS but I had idling issues so I disconnected it so you may not want to hook it up.

Good luck
NB

Anyone else have any input on the TPS, I will be cutting and soldering this today soon. Hate to open up the factory harness any more places than I have to if this isn't going to work.

Thanks

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I just tapped the yellow wire into the TPS fitting on the front of my fuel rail. When I get home I can snap a picture and put it up.

Just stripped some of the wire, soldered and wrapped with tape.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
←snow∞motion→;2961080 said:
I just tapped the yellow wire into the TPS fitting on the front of my fuel rail. When I get home I can snap a picture and put it up.

Just stripped some of the wire, soldered and wrapped with tape.

Same here.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
The factory fuel pressure regulator should be seeing vaccum and boost. SO is you want your boost it to just see boost, you can tap a nipple to the intercooler top tank or tee in line between the snail off the turbo and the actuator. if you do that you may want to stuff a 500 mikuni main jet inside the boost it line to avoid spikes. You will have to grind it down so it fits inside the little vaccum line. Neil may have included this in your kit.. its black and small easy to miss.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I agree, the fuel regulator should see manifold side vacuum/boost, but the XIC box should be a "boost-only" reference. My nipple for the box is next to the charge tube on the intercooler.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
The factory fuel pressure regulator should be seeing vaccum and boost. SO is you want your boost it to just see boost, you can tap a nipple to the intercooler top tank or tee in line between the snail off the turbo and the actuator. if you do that you may want to stuff a 500 mikuni main jet inside the boost it line to avoid spikes. You will have to grind it down so it fits inside the little vaccum line. Neil may have included this in your kit.. its black and small easy to miss.

Maybe I muddied the waters here. I will be using a apex fuel regulator on my nytro. The msd will feed the stock rail and the boost it rail. Then the apex regulator will be installed in the return line. Neil said for this to only have boost reference.

I was planning on hooking the xic box to the vacuum/boost lines. Now I am wondering if that is right Should it be boost only also????

Thanks

Premium Features