• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SECONDARY RAMP FOR MCX TURBOS?

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
How many of you MCx boys like the stock 39 degree helix or use the adjustible shockwave,,,for trail not racing? Single angle, double??? Just wondering...before I spend 325,00 on a shockwave.Thanks.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
we all had shockwaves and they are ok but really hard on buttons....like the helix is too narrow.

39 wont work either toss it on the window ledge.

find a straight 45 or 47 and roll with the cat green spring wound tight

19/40 gearing
Thanks Brendan, I should have known you'd know,,at least I got the gearing right and took out the 18. Was telling the guys at the shop about your doughnuts,,you might be getting some orders =) If
If I remeber my clutching wont those upshift really fast.... thats like something I used drag racing but dual angle,,,,,,Thanks for the Info,,

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Find a 45 helix, yamaha 8bv51 is what your looking for. That with a arctic cat green spring the 180 is super fun to ride!.

I've got 8BU weights in the primary and a shockwave helix at 43 deg with AC green spring in secondary. I cannot pull the rpms with this set-up. I am thinking about going back to the 39 deg helix and trying that.

B
Dec 5, 2010
Its probably not your secondary. I tried the 8bu and to be honest the performance was lazy at best. Switched to supreme tool and machine primary weight, 60 grams base with only 3 to 4 grams in the heel and the sled rips like it should, havent even burned a belt in 1300 miles.

Also, use the 14.5 mm rolers on the primary, # 8fg-17624-00

Last edited:
T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
ah I thought you had a 240 kit....my bad....maybe a 39 would work with that gutless set up:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap
I talked to your girl Michelle,,she's great,,and set me staight on some diff setups,,,What altitudes do your run Thisledoo,,,,see I jump off the trailer at 9500ft and go up from there. How about you maple leaf boys,,,what alt do you run??? I need that before I start spending a crapload on weights and springs and Helix's. Oh an the spring number you gave me is Ka ka hahaha! It's lime green. And dont make me feel any worse that I didnt get the 240,,I know it's driving me nuts. But I can get more goodies this way like maybe a SPG front end Hmmmm yaaaa =)

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
We unload at 1500-2000 ft and ride at 6500-7000 ft. With the MCX compensation my boost is about 9 psi at altitude. At 9500 ft+ you should be at 10-11 psi of boost, so I would think your power should stay fairly constant at 180HP and clutching would be comparable.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I talked to your girl Michelle,,she's great,,and set me staight on some diff setups,,,What altitudes do your run Thisledoo,,,,see I jump off the trailer at 9500ft and go up from there. How about you maple leaf boys,,,what alt do you run??? I need that before I start spending a crapload on weights and springs and Helix's. Oh an the spring number you gave me is Ka ka hahaha! It's lime green. And dont make me feel any worse that I didnt get the 240,,I know it's driving me nuts. But I can get more goodies this way like maybe a SPG front end Hmmmm yaaaa =)

we ride 4000-7000 ft. 10000 plus ya 180 isnt gonna cut it:face-icon-small-sho green lime green all the same

do the 14.5 mm rollers and the weights just dont fully load them. Try the 39 also it might just work for that little power set up:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features