• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Branix

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I had a interesting conversation at Haydays with the Push turbo guys about this Branix system. Seems they are sold on it, and if it does what they say then I would probably part with a few dollars for one also. Curious if anyone knows who all will be playing with this system. Surely there are quite a few Turbo builders who are going to start looking hard at this system.

Anyone hear anything? What was everyone's opinion if you talked to the branix guys or the Push guys?

Could be a game changer, but it has to do what is promised.

kirk

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Were any sleds racing at Haydays with Branix stuff on?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
no sled was running the standalone because it as just been created. in a couple of year you will not come across fuel box no more.I know Brani for quite a while and i hope his computers will be good. It is good to see companies taking the snowmobile to a serious level(e.f.i.). Push had never see the standalone before brani showed up at his boot so let see how it is going to work but for sure the hardware is there so now it is the tuner responsability to make good mapping/tuning and THIS IS NOT AN EASY JOB and ALL turbo kit manufacturer will have to sublet the work because NONE of them right now as the level knowledge to tune those standalone(the one i know ). it is going to be very intersting! i hope they have a sweet team of tuners/receptionists because the phone will ring for sure!! we all have to realize standalone systems are here for good now.....just find an excellent tuner and all of us will be happy!
good job Branix!!

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
no sled was running the standalone because it as just been created. in a couple of year you will not come across fuel box no more.I know Brani for quite a while and i hope his computers will be good. It is good to see companies taking the snowmobile to a serious level(e.f.i.). Push had never see the standalone before brani showed up at his boot so let see how it is going to work but for sure the hardware is there so now it is the tuner responsability to make good mapping/tuning and THIS IS NOT AN EASY JOB and ALL turbo kit manufacturer will have to sublet the work because NONE of them right now as the level knowledge to tune those standalone(the one i know ). it is going to be very intersting! i hope they have a sweet team of tuners/receptionists because the phone will ring for sure!! we all have to realize standalone systems are here for good now.....just find an excellent tuner and all of us will be happy!
good job Branix!!

Now thats a mouth full

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
good job Branix!!

You definately hit the nail on the head there. I'm not sure how a tbo kit manufacturer could ever keep up with trying to keep everyones sleds dialed in with all the set ups out there, and the different fuel requirements? I think it is a little early to claim the fuel box will be obsolete, still a long road to get to that point IMO. If the standalone was the be all, end all, why hasn't Erik at MCX switched over? He's probably sold more turbo kits than all the manufacturers put together.

B
Dec 18, 2007
. If the standalone was the be all, end all, why hasn't Erik at MCX switched over? He's probably sold more turbo kits than all the manufacturers put together.

Not sure on the other manufacturers numbers but we have surpassed the 5000 kit mark for 4 stroke snowmobiles. Our kits are engineered to hit a specific power level on a daily basis and to do so without rider input. The fuel controller is set up with a margin of safety and there is no doubt that these margins can be improved upon slightly. This comes at the cost of daily tuning for different conditions and risk of engine damage. I agree with Duke as there are advantages to having the A/F inputs and the technology is great but at this point I don't feel the gains are significant enough to justify the switch and the added complexity.

LL

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
You definately hit the nail on the head there.
That is my opinion.
I'm not sure how a tbo kit manufacturer could ever keep up with trying to keep everyones sleds dialed in with all the set ups out there, and the different fuel requirements?
Branix standalone all have barometric sensor for altitude compensation like our ecu. once dialed in, no need to tune for whatever condition , the compensations feature will do it for you(like oem!!!!) I think it is a little early to claim the fuel box will be obsolete,
No it is not......still a long road to get to that point IMO.
If the standalone was the be all, end all, why hasn't Erik at MCX switched over?
Well, to replace a 300$ fuel box with a 1700$ standalone would be costly for them.....see what i mean? :face-icon-small-win He's probably sold more turbo kits than all the manufacturers put together.
well fabricated kits for sure.

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Not sure on the other manufacturers numbers but we have surpassed the 5000 kit mark for 4 stroke snowmobiles.
Great achievment!!
Our kits are engineered to hit a specific power level on a daily basis and to do so without rider input. The fuel controller is set up with a margin of safety and there is no doubt that these margins can be improved upon slightly.
All come to a cost.
This comes at the cost of daily tuning for different conditions and risk of engine damage.
depends on what technology you are refering to.....no need to tune when proper mapping done with a certain kit/hardware(just like oem)
I agree with Duke as there are advantages to having the A/F inputs and the technology is great but at this point I don't feel the gains are significant enough to justify the switch and the added complexity.
Definately not too complex but needs a certain amount of time to master software and functions but very doable and the benifits are enormous.

LL

Premium Features