• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

picture?

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
anyone have a pic of mike irmens blue/silver apex in boost 1, it got kinda fawked up at the end of that movie but i thought his plastics were sweet, wonder if you could get em dipped somewhat like that.....?

M

MCX KILLER

Banned
Aug 21, 2011
anyone have a pic of mike irmens blue/silver apex in boost 1, it got kinda fawked up at the end of that movie but i thought his plastics were sweet, wonder if you could get em dipped somewhat like that.....?
Dont use chrome paint on the plastics, it just peals off.

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
water dipping isnt that that bad i thought, was gonna cost 400$ to get all the plastic on my dirt bike done...... yeah that was why i wanted a pic, to send to those water dipping guys to see if they can do stuff like that.....

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i think the stuff on irmans sled is like a wrap but is chrome its real pricey to have done.used to be pics of it on alpines website,the guy that did irmans is in salmon arm still does it.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada

My nytro was water dipped and it was awsome last forever!

TURBO NYTRO.jpg

M

MCX KILLER

Banned
Aug 21, 2011
sweet nytro ! i dont think the pix of irmans sled are still on alpines website, at least i cant seem to find em....
Alpine sent me chrome painted plastic and i do not recomend it to anyone.there was this guy in salmon arm that had painted it.bad quallity painting and it did not stick to the panels.

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
yeah like i said, id just like a pic that i could send to one of those water dipping companies to see if they could replicate it with their process, i have heard that the water dipping sticks real good and is fairly resistant to scratching...

B
Dec 18, 2007
I took both of Mike's Apex's on trade including that one. The panels were effed by the time I saw them. I don't think you can get the same flex out of chrome paint as normal. I've painted the panels on several sleds since then and great success with other colors. Could have been workmanship also.

LL

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
PICT0496_edited.jpg
did this one for a buddy .

Premium Features