• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Avid drivers for power claw tracks??

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
I have an 08 nytro MTX that im putting a 162 power claw track on. Just was wondering if I will need to buy those Avid drivers that say they are made to work with these tracks? Right now I have a challenger from an 09 m8 with stock drivers and never had a problem. Also the sled has a stage 2 Ulmer turbo kit. Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Under boost, I would HIGHLY recommend the Avids. I rounded the stockers right off when boosted.

Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
Ok so do I need to order the ones that say they are made to be used with the power claw? My track on there now has the little nubs on the outside and its worked just fine. Thanks

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Last edited:
Q

quadtrac

Feb 27, 2009
ok ya its just kinda weird that it looks the same as my challenger track on the sled right now having the little nubs on the inside

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
i would go with the regular avid drivers and cut the nubs off they are balanced better i have seen two broken drive shafts because of the new drivers that work with the ac tracks.

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Avids

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261154

I went through this last winter. I would go with the regular avids (not the power claw specific) for two reasons:
1. I had the PC specific ones flex and slip and could not make them work, may have been just a bad set but why chance it.
2. If you ever want to run a CE or other tracks (most) you can with these.

Once I switched back to the regular avids they worked perfect an dI could run my track loose, I just clipped the nubs and should have did it this way from day one.

My stock ones crapped out at 1700 km on boost, i would just swap them right away though.

Avids was good to deal with and would recommend their product, well worth it.

P

Pro116

Apr 19, 2008
I picked up the same track this spring and I'm going to be clipping the nubs off like may others have.Like said above if you ever go to another track then your screwed.

Premium Features