• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Nypex

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Well I finally got the Impulse Nypex finished. Paul really though this through and has 4 on the snow now ripping. I took it out yesterday for the maiden voyage in 3-4 ft of pow pow. It absolutely ripped and was spot on. This has the Impulse Apex complete stand alone. There is no Yamaha wiring or ecu except the coil wires and the key. Complete stand alone fuel map and timing maps. The timing maps he has built are insane. Incredible throttle response, and pulls hard on top end. I'm breaking in a new motor so I was only running 14-16 psi and all I can say is weeeeee!!! Here are some pics from start to finish.

101_1001.jpg
[/IMG]

101_1003.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
Nice work, I have about 250k on mine now and loving it. Is that an Impulse stand alone system? I a using a Boondocker control box now and it works pretty good. Alot of trick parts on that, no expense spared, a real piece of art. Enjoy you new ride, had alot of complements on mine and its not that sweet. Shad

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Wow, looks like it fits in there nicely. I am wondering what is all involved to fit the 4 banger in the nytro bulkhead? I would think that the 4 cylinder might be fun in the nytro even without the turbo.

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Nice work, I have about 250k on mine now and loving it. Is that an Impulse stand alone system? I a using a Boondocker control box now and it works pretty good. Alot of trick parts on that, no expense spared, a real piece of art. Enjoy you new ride, had alot of complements on mine and its not that sweet. Shad

That's sweet! I bet your having a blast on it. Yes, it's a Impulse stand alone. Everything on it is Impulse:face-icon-small-hap

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Wow, looks like it fits in there nicely. I am wondering what is all involved to fit the 4 banger in the nytro bulkhead? I would think that the 4 cylinder might be fun in the nytro even without the turbo.

It doesn't exactly fit in nicely:face-icon-small-win Quite a bit of work involved that I'll let Paul reveal if he chooses, I don't feel it's my place. I will say the 4 cyl in the Nytro chasis just feels so right.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
WOW Zeb! I like it buddy looks killer and sure clean with the new Impulse wiring harness. Looks great with the polished m10 and powder coating nice choice.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Well I finally got the Impulse Nypex finished. Paul really though this through and has 4 on the snow now ripping. I took it out yesterday for the maiden voyage in 3-4 ft of pow pow. It absolutely ripped and was spot on. This has the Impulse Apex complete stand alone. There is no Yamaha wiring or ecu except the coil wires and the key. Complete stand alone fuel map and timing maps. The timing maps he has built are insane. Incredible throttle response, and pulls hard on top end. I'm breaking in a new motor so I was only running 14-16 psi and all I can say is weeeeee!!! Here are some pics from start to finish.

101_1001.jpg
[/IMG]

101_1003.jpg
[/IMG]

What size turbo and engine compression you running with the standalone!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
holy fawk!

anything less than carbon fiber or ti chassis, this is how its done!

Killer build zeb, no suprise!!

I might have to throw a leg over that beast @ the shootout!!!!!

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
What size turbo and engine compression you running with the standalone!

I'm running 9:1 with a gt30r turbo. 1/2 pump 1/2 112 race. I'll end up running around 19-20 psi at our elevation with 1/2 pump/race. Next year when I have a little more time I'm going to build a timing map to run full pump at 18-19 psi with the same compression.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Rode it yesterday on its maiden voyage and it is very impressive. I have owned an Impulse Nytro and currently an Impulse Apex and this is the best setup for our type of riding. My next sled for sure. Way to raise the bar Zeb

M
Jan 14, 2004
Love seeing the pics, nice build. I just landed the final parts for my Nypex, now I think I have everything, can't wait to get started on it. The 3 banger is a good motor, the 4 cylinder is an exceptional motor.

M5

Premium Features