• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tools you may want to Carry with for the Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, I replaced all of the stock push pins with a phillips head push pin before it hit the snow, courtesy of Ace. Cheap, a few extras in the bag. PITA is gone.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If your zip ties make a zip sound you are in trouble, Thomas and Betts makes Ty-Raps, they have a metal retainer which are a lot stronger (and no zip sound).

ABSOLUTELY!!!

The less expensive ones that you buy at the hardware store (or NAPA... Sorry Matt, they dont have the good ones) are just worthless IMO. They soften with heat and dont hold a load well.

The T&B Ty-Raps are made from a much stronger plastic and the Stainless Steel sprag to retain it.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Yes.. we can get them also.. Most stores don't have them:(

Yes you do Pay for what you get!!

Also.. Napa Has Stainless ones.... A little pricey.. Can be used.. on anything from CV boots.. to Zip ties.. lol..

It's a Flat kinda Band Type..

Just a FYI..

Thanks MT!

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I cary a short length of insulated wire and bare bailing wire. Needed them on a 02 RMK and a Tundra for a quick fix. One electrical the other a missing nut.

They all break, some more than others. Saw a post this weekend of a M8 sno-pro 40 miles on it, towed out with the engine down.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
After spending tons on lightweight sled parts over the years, I forgot to ever look at my tool kit. Anyhow for this season, I am trying out some of the composite tools like they make for electricians.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I carry mechanic latex gloves to keep my hands sexy and smooth... ;)

No really, I do, very nice to have clean hands after wrenching. All my buddies are washing their hands with snow after wrenching. brrrrrrrr

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
bought a set of those pliers from Napa and damn do they work good had the 8 push dart for the wind shield of in 10 sec no bs not cheap at 30 bucks but work great also dont try and paint the bezle that the darts go threw to hold down the wind shield on it dosnt take paint and orange peels like hell lokks like crap

fs 2012 pro rmk wind shield bezle:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features