• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo for a pro ride?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
N

nocandoo

Dec 11, 2007
has anyone heard of a available turbo set up for a pro ride yet?? which set up works best and is most reliable, boondocker type turbo or possibly a aerocharger set up through Hiperformance, a shop that deals in aerocharger set ups, any ideas out there?????

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've seen info from both Boondockers and Silber. Both plan on having kits in December if I remember right. Boondocker has a new oil tank with baffles and kits that are partially assembled. Check out their websites.

A
I am tempted to put a turbo on a pro ride but am worried I would be riding a ticking time bomb. I think it may be wise to wait a year and let them get everything dialed in. If you burn down a motor your on the hook to rebuild it because polaris is not going to warranty it even if the turbo was not the cause of the damage. But a turbo on pro rmk sure would be a fun sled to own.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I am tempted to put a turbo on a pro ride but am worried I would be riding a ticking time bomb. I think it may be wise to wait a year and let them get everything dialed in. If you burn down a motor your on the hook to rebuild it because polaris is not going to warranty it even if the turbo was not the cause of the damage. But a turbo on pro rmk sure would be a fun sled to own.

Look, Buying any sled and turbo'ing it is a time bomb! IMO all sleds are a time bomb, turbo'd or not. Why would you think Polaris or any other manufacture would warranty or buy you a new motor if you modified there product?

It's the same in the diesel truck world too, you chip your truck, blow it up and get caught! It's all on you, you gotta "PAY TO PLAY"!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
As of today... NO MANUFACTURER has come out and said that they actually have a Pro RMK that they have fitted a turbo to... Some Rush mods from last year, yes... but no 800 CFi-2 2011 powered sleds.

All that I'm seeing is that "yes we WILL have a turbo" .

When someone steps up with pics of an install and some vid in operation I'll say "Kewl"...But until then.... it is all just props and speculation for the "home team" turbo builder that is the favorite of the person posting.

Yes there will be turbos for these sleds... and I'm sure they will work well...no one has one yet that they've tested on the pre-production 2011 Pros.

My guess... in reality.... is that you will see pics/vids of the first ones popping up in Customers hands around the first of the year. When the factory starts to ship the Snowcheck orders... that is when the starting-gun will be fired for the builders to get to the real work on turbo'ing these sleds... even though some of the hardware has been laid out already no finished copies are ready.

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'll bet you dollars to dougnuts it is in Jared Sessions Garage (wink).

Nope.

Touche....however, Jared will be building it for Chris......Chris will test it and fine tune it with the help of Jared's expertise....When the snow flies, the first turbo PRO on the snow will be ridden by Chris.....

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I seen a Silber turbo setup on a 2011 Assault 800 at haydays,it looked awesome and quality built like all of Justins kits! Silber is the only one with a turbo kit on a 2011 800 that I know of,expect more great products from him this season!

resized_2010912183333750_1554.jpg

Last edited:

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
SILBER TURBO

Put my vote in for the SILBER next season I hope to put one on a new chassie pro rmk 600.----2012 that is

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Boondocker

Any info or pictures on Boondocker's turbos for the pro-ride this year?
I am anxious to hear about the Pump Gas and Race Gas options.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
So how hard was the tuning with the new ECU and Injectors with your turbo? Looks nice n clean install!

We are designing a new control box for this sled, a newer version of the dobeck box with alot more features and greater reliability. We will be heading to the dyno once we getting everything buttoned up.

Thanks for all the positive post, we are very excited about this new turbo kit, the sled platform is rock solid and we cant wait to see how it performs with some extra hp.

We have two test sleds in the fleet the 155 assault and a 163 pro rmk. This way we will have accurate clutching for either track length.

We are almost finished with the intercoolers, keep posted we will be adding pictures and more information.

Thanks
Justin Silbernagel

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Justin,

The sled in the pix above... have you actually ran that sled on boost with any control box yet??... is the control box finished and installed?

Silber: The kit is the first prototype kit from us, and will be modified slightly for production kits.

When you do go to the dyno, will it be with a final version kit or a proto-type kit?

When will you have a final version ready to show pix of?

When do you anticipate you will have on-snow at-altitude testing with this this new proto -type kit?

Will you personally be doing the altitude testing?

New model sled, new model kit, new model control box & programming.... Should be an interesting beta testing program...

I agree the platform is top notch...Once all the bugs are worked out of the system(s)... these turbo PRO's will rock!!

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Justin,

The sled in the pix above... have you actually ran that sled on boost with any control box yet??... is the control box finished and installed?

When you do go to the dyno, will it be with a final version kit or a proto-type kit?

When will you have a final version ready to show pix of?

When do you anticipate you will have on-snow at-altitude testing with this this new proto -type kit?

Will you personally be doing the altitude testing?

New model sled, new model kit, new model control box & programming.... Should be an interesting beta testing program...

I agree the platform is top notch...Once all the bugs are worked out of the system(s)... these turbo PRO's will rock!!

Yes I have ran the sled on boost, I installed one of the previous control boxes to it to do so. Only ran around 4psi of boost, just to ensure it would work.

Control is finished and should be in my hands in a few days. My machinest is building custom injector holders/rail that will adapt to the airbox.

We will be going to the dyno as soon as its all finished up. Estimating around 2 weeks.

We state prototype kit, as a few parts will be changed and modified to fit the chassis better. Kit will look identical to the one picture, except it will use a muffler, and there will be an intercooler upgrade availble. Also we are building wiring harness that will be a plug and play for all the electrical components for the turbo kit. Again this will be on the production kits.

Yes I will personally be testing all of the setups. We have a house rented in the mountains all winter long, so we are back and forth alot, we test all of our systems at many different elevations to suit everyones needs, not just in the mountains.

Why do you have make your post come on so negative about my products, you should be supporting it, we are keeping everyone informed of this new kit and thats what people what to hear. You always write positive post when its some other named product. Not trying to pick a fight just curious as you always second guess my stuff.

Justin Silbernagel

Premium Features