• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1995 Indy Lite Intake Foam

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
What could I use as intake foam for this sled? Polaris does not make it anymore and I was looking for something I could cut down and fit into the intake behind the windshield.

J
Apr 3, 2017
You could just use the guts from any household furnace or airconditioner filter cut down to fit. There is also a trap door just under the cowl for really cold weather ops but be careful if operating is powder snow as it can get inside the engine compartment through spots like the exhaust hole in the lower tub and worn out/beat up steering arm bellows. The powdery snow can get into the carbs and ice them up as well as get sucked into the recoil start mechanism. Ask me how I know these things.....The symptoms on the recoil are no pull start, the rope just pulls out with no engine rotation. Eventually the heat of the engine after shutdown will restore it but in the meantime it's good to know the "broken pull rope" method of starting a sled. Hint: the Indy's came with an emergency "start strap" stock.

Premium Features