• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sidewinder b-tx ?

T
Jan 6, 2012
New Brunswick, Canada
What do you guys think of the sidewinder btx off trail ? I ride more trail than not but still need something that will get around in the open fields in the deeper snow and be able to break trail into the local camps. I do enjoy playing in the open feilds where allowed.

From looking at the specs i wish they would have put the dropped and rolled chain case from the m series into the btx.

What do you think? Aslo i am a heavier guy if that makes much difference .

Thanks

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
The BTX will suit you just fine. However, If I was doing the shopping in your shoes, I'd be looking at the XTX SE 141, it comes with a 1.6" track instead of the 1.25" on the 137" and the 146" XTX sleds, it will handle better than a 153" on the trails, and will still get off the hardpack without an issue unless you're talking feet of bottomless powder.

Just my thoughts. If you were riding more off trail than on, I'd say the BTX. Crossovers like the XTX are built for mostly trail and occasionally playing in the deep stuff like you described.

Premium Features