• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski doo 583 formula-z

C
Jan 13, 2014
hey im having some problems fixing my buddies sled. he let his boss use it pulling a nordic ski trail thing? it over heated and never started again i took it and did an entire top end rebuild because coolant was getting into the case. there are no cracks in the head or cylinders that i can see and it seems to be sealing under the head and jugs fine. i tried cleaning out the crank, i didn't put coolant back in it to see if it would start still no luck. it has compression the carbs seem fine. i don't know what else to do besides replace the stator but im still getting spark, so i don't think thats the problem. many the cdi or coil? if anyone else has had this problem please help im out of ideas. thanks

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
first take a capful of gas and dump in the sparkplug hole to see if it fires. but maby it is already flooded, how wet are the plugs?
if it fires with the cap of fuel then your not getting any fuel delivery. most common problem is the pickup tube inside the tank falling off or apart. next in line is a plugged filter, then a bad pump, followed by dirty carbs, ive never had a rotary valve apart but that could also have failed

did it lock up so bad you may have twisted the crank, I think it would still fire. did you re grease the crank bearings? did it heat up so bad the oil drive cooked and is slowing the motor? you've cleaned the carbs? is it getting fuel?

Premium Features