• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 summit highmark 800 big bore help

Jan 22, 2011
I just bought a 2001 summit Highmark 800 with a 151" with a bad case (piston came apart what a shock haha) I'm doing a big bore kit thinking of the 827 Rk tek kit $1300. Anyone heard good things what about other kits, i will also be running twin cpi pipes. So any reviews would be helpful. Thanks also if anyone has a good case let me know the price if not its off to ebay again!!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
OK just to let you know, if your going big bore do your home work and do it to a passing grade so to speak. Only reason,is there's lots of big bores out there,little quirks to be worked out and each is different. So to choose one,you need to make sure it fits the way you intend to ride the machine and conditions your riding in.

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
The are a lot of topics that you can review on snowest about RK Tek's 827 and his other products, but he does have an excellent 827 from what I've read and heard. Call and talk with Kelsey from RK Tek if you are going to go with his big bore. Big John also makes a big bore, and he has excellent products as well. Both Big John and Kelsey from RK Tek are on this forum a lot, and you can find their websites under their profile names. I've heard both are very helpful in talking about where you're going to ride and what it is you are looking for.

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks and ya I have done my home work. I am a mechanic and have built lots of sleds. I've talked to big Jon as well he really knows his stuff. He's always a big help. I'll have to give him a call about his kit!! Thanks again merry Christmas everyone.

Premium Features