• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox float evol?

PaddleTracker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have an 06 Apex w/ an MPI SC and timbersled rear. Just purchased the sled used with 3200 miles. I was looking at sending both the front shocks and the rear shocks in (fox floats) to get serviced, and possibly re-valved for my weight (250), and was considering getting them upgraded to Evols. Just looking for opinions and recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
I have an 06 Apex w/ an MPI SC and timbersled rear. Just purchased the sled used with 3200 miles. I was looking at sending both the front shocks and the rear shocks in (fox floats) to get serviced, and possibly re-valved for my weight (250), and was considering getting them upgraded to Evols. Just looking for opinions and recommendations.
Thanks in advance.
Paddle Tracker,,,there is a thread on here some where that Christopher the SW admin has posted a link for the upgrade to Air 2's to an Evol for 350$ plust labor for each shock.
I am having it done..I hear the Evol is much nicer to tune and rides better than the Fox air 2's , Do it

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
The upgrade does not make it the same as the Evol. It replaces the upper part of the shock with the Evol style chamber but the rebound adjustment the Evol comes with on the bottom of the shock is not part of the deal. Probably still worth it but not the same as the Evol.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
The upgrade does not make it the same as the Evol. It replaces the upper part of the shock with the Evol style chamber but the rebound adjustment the Evol comes with on the bottom of the shock is not part of the deal. Probably still worth it but not the same as the Evol.
Your right Truebluemax, the only way you can get the rebond is the EVOL R and I think they retail for around 1455 for a set.

Premium Features