• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex alpine turbo help

MH

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
south east sodak
i have an 06 apex with the alpine kit 2860 turbo, the problem i am having is when i pull a long hill wide open the power starts to die off at the top of the hill. if i let off and hit it again it starts work great again. any ideas? i have adjusted the fuel up and down but nothin seems to work. a/f gauge reads 12.5 to 13 threw out the rpms.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
are you sure its actually eninge power?

Sounds like it could be the belt slipping at full shift, then when you let off it backshifts far enough to get everything spinning and hooked up like it should.

how is it clutched? how many lbs of boost, sled setup, gearing info would help out.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Any boost leaks? What fuel controller? Have you changed plugs? What gap?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
double check for exhaust leaks.. sounds like a tell tale sign of one.. pulls hard under low load, but the harder you push it the weaker it gets. double check header for cracks and flanges for leaks.

also doesnt hurt to check for a boost leak on the intake side as well.

is your boost needle rock solid or does it fluctuate.. movement is a pretty big sign that something is leaking and its trying to keep up.

Premium Features