• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

meth injection

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Consumption

I turn mine on at about 11psi and max it out at 25psi.
I usually run 15-17psi and after burning up 10gallons of fuel I've used about 1~1.5 liters of meth. However I'm not exactly known for massive climbs or hundreds of pulls in a day. I could bump up the on time to 14psi which would save some juice, but I never run out so it's added insurance. I have over 3000km on the stock exhaust and donuts, I'm not sure if the meth is holding things together or i just got a lucky sled!!

On mine we have the meth nozzels upstream of the Boost-it injectors. I'm sure it worked better before as the boost-it injectors are quite intrusive but under boost where else but into the engine can it go.

X

XTremist13

Oct 12, 2008
Central Alberta
I turn mine on at about 11psi and max it out at 25psi.
I usually run 15-17psi and after burning up 10gallons of fuel I've used about 1~1.5 liters of meth. However I'm not exactly known for massive climbs or hundreds of pulls in a day. I could bump up the on time to 14psi which would save some juice, but I never run out so it's added insurance. I have over 3000km on the stock exhaust and donuts, I'm not sure if the meth is holding things together or i just got a lucky sled!!

On mine we have the meth nozzels upstream of the Boost-it injectors. I'm sure it worked better before as the boost-it injectors are quite intrusive but under boost where else but into the engine can it go.

pictures of your intercooler setup ?

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
I can post some pics but I'm away from home for a couple weeks.

Motleyone - What kind of tubing do you use to and from your pump? I have a couple gallons of methanol that I was going to mix 50/50 with water but I'm worried about compatibility with my lines. My kit uses air brake hose leaving the pump, and I used Tygon hose on the pump suction from my reservoir. I wonder how methanol and Tygon will get along??

I've read that methanol is really hard on orings, and valve seats. Most say to run the engine a few minutes after injection to clean things out. Do you do any different, or special?

Sean

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
I run the hard red plastic lines that come in the Snows Performance kits. The methanol/H20 blend is hard on aluminum if it sits on it for too long. That's why my bottle is made of stainless steel. The Snows kit comes with a huge plastic tank but it was to big so I made my own.

I can post some pics but I'm away from home for a couple weeks.

Motleyone - What kind of tubing do you use to and from your pump? I have a couple gallons of methanol that I was going to mix 50/50 with water but I'm worried about compatibility with my lines. My kit uses air brake hose leaving the pump, and I used Tygon hose on the pump suction from my reservoir. I wonder how methanol and Tygon will get along??

I've read that methanol is really hard on orings, and valve seats. Most say to run the engine a few minutes after injection to clean things out. Do you do any different, or special?

Sean

Premium Features